Votes: 147 48.4%
  • Trioceros

Votes: 107 35.2%
  • No preference

Votes: 24 7.9%
  • I'm confused

Votes: 26 8.6%

• Total voters
It's alright .. I currently keep 10 species of chameleons and have never owned a panther ... just doesn't do it for me.;)

-Brad

hey Brad, completely respect your taste in animals -- I only ask out of pure curiosity: any reason(s) in particular why the panther doesn't do it for ya?

-Matt

Yes I know their lifespan is very very short, and that they are believed to be the only 4 legged vertebrate that's entire population dies off every year. While they would not make the best captives that are by far my favorite chameleon. In order to keep them you would have to have many unrelated animals and not get too attached. But they are just so cool.

hey Brad, completely respect your taste in animals -- I only ask out of pure curiosity: any reason(s) in particular why the panther doesn't do it for ya?

-Matt

Absolutely no question that they are beautiful ... truly amazing ... and this is probably the reason.
They are so popular and so many people are working with them .... even though my work started with an equally popular species (calyptratus) I am much more interested in working with less commonly kept animals.
In particular T. cristatus, which are (in their own way) equally as spectacular as any panther (imo) ;)

-Brad

Absolutely no question that they are beautiful ... truly amazing ... and this is probably the reason.
They are so popular and so many people are working with them .... even though my work started with an equally popular species (calyptratus) I am much more interested in working with less commonly kept animals.
In particular T. cristatus, which are (in their own way) equally as spectacular as any panther (imo) ;)

-Brad

admirable! thanks, curiosity satiated.

I went with Trioceros! Purely because I really really want my own male Mt Meru Jackson one day! But then Panthers and Carpets look so wonderfully colourful! Oh, I don't know now, lol!:confused: I love all chameleons!:D I would have a pair of all of them if only I had the space!:eek::D

It would be wonderful to not be limited by space, money and time. I too would keep a mansion of chameleons, the way they move and glance at you as if their thought process is way so evolved beyond what we would understand. I am glad that my furcifers:p tolerate me.

The funny thing is that the average Furcifer voter probably just knows two species of the genus...

VERY funny Benny!!

Shame Brads aren't up there?

Having said that, Lateralis Lateralis ARE Furcifer, so they probably shade it IMO.

We have a LOT of panthers for sale in the UK, different locales, but quite commonly sold, and this takes the appeal of them away for me.

Bradypodions are WAY cooler!!:)

Back
Top Bottom