Furcifer pardalis from Norway..

Thor Hakonsen

Here is some Panthers I've photographed at owners in Norway

3185498015_433a3ae423_o.jpg

2298164139_361385ed9d_b.jpg

2298164137_575a8ee9fb_b.jpg

2336010398_e75c435855_b.jpg

2336010402_e8d36b09f5_b.jpg

I thought the last pic was my favorite, but now I can't decide since they are all totally awesome!

Uff da! I hear reptile keeping in Norway is frowned apon by government. :(

It's not just frowned upon - but it is illegal tp keep reptiles in Norway.

Some gov.departements are lookin in to a change in the law though - so maybe, and thats very maybe, there might be legal to keep some reptiles in Norway in late 2011

The usual fear of snakes and reptiles ?

Nobody really knows - but one of the reasons used in the 70'es when the ban came was that reptiles was to hard to keep for the regular bloke, which probably was correct in cold Norway. As terras and other gear was hard to come by in Norway and good information just as hard. But this isn't correct anymore - so perhaps we will get a change in the laws next year...

I cross my fingers for you ! We have at the moment here a situation the other way round - people are in panic because of an espaced naja naja (the snake was so small she died in a sticky tape trap)
But I don't think they have good chances to forbid the harmless stuff what should they do with it when they forbid it :D ?

Beautiful pictures, again! I'd suggest you need to be entering some of these in the photo contests - but then none of the rest of us would have a chance...:D

I actually tried this month - but ut it didn't get into the last 15.....

probly because they seem to have a lot of post processing... aka editing.

Though I love them and would vote for them :)

what is the second species in the set of pictures? I know Pardalis... but would you happen to recall the local?

also..... need move to Italy.... then need to get me a boat load of Euro chameleons :)

probly because they seem to have a lot of post processing... aka editing.

There is no editing in my pictures - only some cropping, and slight change of saturation and vibrance. To get the colors as natural as possible. Which is nothing more than any "pro" would do in the "old days" in a darkroom o.l ;)

I really don't hope "post processing" is disqualifying them...

Sorry, don't know what locale the last one is - probably a mix ?

Back
Top Bottom