Furcifer campani

sorry if I am misunderstanding you, but you keep your F. Campani in the same enclosure as the K. Tenuis and T. sternfeldi? I've thought of trying to mix 2 smaller species but never went ahead with. Maybe I'll experiment once I have more time to observe

@ Klemins: you should indeed have enough time to keep an eye on them the first few weeks, i even kept 1.4 cristatus (3-5 months old juveniles) together with k. tenuis and sternfeldi without a problem, though you need to split them once they start to out grow the others. It all depends on the chameleon species, the individual character of each chameleon and the most important the size of your enclosure. I keep all my chams in big ficus trees (see topic somewhere in the enclosures topic) of 2m50 high and 1m30-1m50 diameter (indoor) and 1m50 high and 80cm diameter for outdoor enclosures.

Caught during some heavy action? ;)

3784869643_5b86436e53.jpg

regards

Very nice Joery!
Good luck with them hope she will lay the eggs without a problem!

(PS ge je al je nakweek houden?)

HOLY SHITE!!! Those are awesome!!!!!

Does any1 know if they are available in the US??

That pretty much express my feelings. If you find any here get some for me also/

Those are just beautiful, how big are they? They look tiny and awesome. congrats

Hey guys, thanks for all the nice comments!

@ eisentrauti: I will need all the finger crossing that i can get! Thanks!

@ Damaranum: ofcourse i will keep all hatchlings for me and a few close friends, but for now i don't even have eggs yet, and the first problem will be to keep the female healthy during gestation and an even bigger problem will be the incubation of the eggs (to diapause or not to diapause that will be the question and if there are eggs several conditions will be tried). I have some ideas about the incubation so hopefully we can try them and try to solve a small piece of the puzzle.

@ Laurie: they are around 13cm total length, female slightly bigger.

kind regards

really nice pictures Yoeri
Will you seperate the female? I would if I had the place as they can be very stressed with laying eggs as related species are.

I keep a close eye on the animals, i have a slightly different approach and experience then most keepers, since i keep all my animals in really big enclosures/free range. From my modest experience it seems that, if you give them plenty of space, they don't get stressed when they are gravid or in a group or with other chameleon species... I try to keep them as natural as possible and stimulate their natural behaviour (which means still contact with other chameleons, but plenty of room to hide/run away when necessary).
The slightest change in her drinking- or eating behaviour or coloration i will notice and then i will act accordingly. After the mating occured the male has no interest anymore in her.

best regards

My firstname is actually "Gaylord", so will you make your kid to be picked on for the rest of his life, haha :p

For two of those babies I will go back and change my daughter's name form Connie to Gaylord and she is an adult!! Might get a little grumpy.:rolleyes:

They truely beautiful and I admire you setting of a natural habitat some the different ones can live together.

:eek: The photos of the gravid female are just so amazing! I really want one of these little chams! Definitely at the top of my wish list!:D

Back
Top Bottom