funny story

foshizzle11

My boyfriend called me at work yesterday to tell me that our lovely female panther got out of her cage because one of us left it open. Well, she escaped and went on an adventure.

I thought for sure my dog ate her after being gone for about 4 hours. Anyway, I was coming to grips with the fact that my dog probably ate her for lunch and then all of a sudden there she is crawling out of the dirty laundry hamper and up onto the kitchen counter.

Like nothing was wrong. I guess we learned our lesson!! Never leave the cage door open ever again. She apparently likes to roam, who would have guessed it.

she would have had to crawl on the floor to get from the one counter to the other and not be seen by my two dogs, good thing the dogs are lazy during the day and were likely sleeping. Funny.

I'm glad she's fine! My Jax is quite the roamer. When he's out, if it's not closed, he finds a way in. I have yet to find a way to keep him off the stairs; nothing dissuades a determined chameleon!

BTW, the "dog lunch" tag at the bottom of your post made me spit soda everywhere! So funny!

Years ago a local pet shop gave me my first female jax who was close to death. The pet shop staff were very caring, we'd been working together to keep this little girl going for quite a while, and they were very concerned about her. Anyway, she recovered, but I didn't have an official cage setup for her. She lived in a potted schefflera tree in the kitchen. As she got her energy back I'd catch her out of the tree more often. I remember watching her sneak down the trunk, freezing and rotating those eyes hoping not to be seen, sneaking a little farther, freezing, over and over. Once I even yelled "Oh no you don't! Stop right there!" I know, I know, she couldn't hear me, but she seemed to halt with a guilty look, turn around and climb back up again anyway until I left the house.

I also had a male B. fischeri multi who always found ways around the plastic cage panel separating his space from that of a male deremensis. No matter how the panel was wedged he squeezed across. Thinking he wanted the other side I switched the chams. Now he'd squeeze back across to his original side. There was no containing this guy at all. Finally I removed the barrier. After a few dirty looks, both of them settled down quite peacefully. The deremensis lurked in the cool shaded low zone and the fisheri roamed the warmer brighter top. Sometimes I found them asleep on the same branch, coiled tails touching.

Back
Top Bottom