Fungus gnats

Bob 1000

What is the best method for riding enclosure plants without killing cham??
I started a cinnamon treatment yesterday to kill the possible fungus in the soil.. I also sprayed a a 3 drops to one quart solution of mild soap and water.. Today I'm thinking about ordering some nematodes to release into the soil to eat larval stage gnats, maybe even some ladybugs..
I might even try some insecticide from the Depot.. They have gotten into my house plants and looks to be a lot of them.

Any other suggestions???
Thanks 1000..

You could try the sticky strips of paper to catch the adults (not the long rolls) and put it in an area that your cham can't reach. You don't want to use lady bugs, they would be bad for the cham. ;)

the best and easiest way to stop gnats is to allow the plant soil to COMPLETELY dry out between waterings.

The nematodes will work very well too.

Lady bugs are not good for chameleons, and are not good at destroying gnats either, so dont use those.

I solved my problem with using mostly sand to pot the plants in and some gravel in the bottoms of the pots. Sand dries quicker than dirt and has better drainage than just dirt. You can even try half and half etc.

Your right maybe I'll just buy several baby panther chams... I am made of money,,,lol... My cham is six months old and doesn't pay attention to them as much as I'd need him to..

Last edited:
I solved my problem with using mostly sand to pot the plants in and some gravel in the bottoms of the pots. Sand dries quicker than dirt and has better drainage than just dirt. You can even try half and half etc.

Great suggestion! I am going to try that...

Back
Top Bottom