FS: Huge homemade chameleon/lizard cage plus supplies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentra

Well, now that my veiled cham is off to his new home I have to sell his cage and supplies.

The cage itself is 3' long, 2' wide, and 5' tall. It was made with stud 2x3s, painted with a latex based in/outdoor paint in Hunter Green, and patio grade screen. 3 strong poles run lengthwise at the top of the cage 6" from the top for hanging plants and vines. The front has 4' tall double doors with nice handles and triple latches. The floor is screen, but the cage sits on a base which has 5 PVC drains in it and a space underneath for a plastic tub. This base sits on a short stand, and the entire setup is @83" tall. The back and sides have removable vinyl for increased humidity or wall protection.

Chamcage2.jpg

Included with the cage (or can be priced separately) are nearly ALL the supplies needed to keep a chameleon! (only minus the florescent fixture for UVB lighting)

- 2 8.5" dome clamp lamps for basking
- 18" florescent fixture and plant bulb
- Garden sprayer misting system and timer
- 1 'Little Dripper'
- 2 Acurite digital thermometers w/probes (1 in/out/humid, 1 in or out)
- 3 digital Flukers thermometer/hygrometers
- 1 'lock crock' feeding dish
- 2 3' long 1" diam. Branches with wingnut/screw ends
- 1 3' long 1" diam. Dowel rod 'branch'
- 1 3' long 5-branch bundle of willow branches
- 2 5' long 1" diam. Bamboo poles
- 1 3' long 1/2" diam. Bamboo branch wrapped with 'baby biovine'
- 1 2' wood 'bird ladder'
- 2 6' long plastic 'banana' vines
- 3 6' long plastic ivy vines
- 2 Flukers 'Bend-A-Branch' vines
- 2 Large T-Rex Biovines
- 1 medium sized broad-leaf Dracaena plant - live
- 1 4' tall Braided Ficus plant - live
- 1 medium sized Schefflera plant - live

ChamcageComplete.jpg

Also available for sale is an 18"x18"x40" bird cage with 1/2" wire spacing used as a holding cage. This cage has a slide out tray and comes with 2 wingnut/bolt branches, one "Jungle Talk Triple Block Ring Bird Toy", one Large 'Kladder' wood toy, two 'Flexible Rope Perches' of different lengths, one small 'bird perch' stick, three plastic plants and one large grapewood branch. These supplies can be included above with the large cage or bought separately.

The two cages are pickup only in the Denver area, as are the live plants, but the supplies can be shipped. PM me for pricing or with questions, and package deals are certainly available. :) Thank you!

For the big homemade cage itself, I was looking to get $120. The supplies have their own prices, which I can give over PM depending on what you're looking for. :) And I accept offers so nothing is set in stone.

I do have a mist system, but it's homemade from a garden sprayer container and sprinkler timer. :) The connections are all newly replaced.

The vines (ivy, Flukers, and Lg. Biovines) have been sold! All other supplies and the cage are still available. Please buy! :D

Ok, I really need to sell this cage!! I will now consider ANY reasonable offer for it, and am looking into possible ways to take it apart for easier transport without ruining it. It's still too big to ship, though. :(

Also, I have the remaining supplies (branches, mist system, lights, etc.) priced individually for quick sale. PLEASE inquire and buy!! I need this stuff out of the apartment and money in the bank.

Update

Ok, since I can't edit the first post list of supplies I'll put in the new list here.

The cage with stands is still available, asking $110 OBO

- 1 8.5" Flukers dome clamp lamp with 75w bulb $8
- 1 8.5" 'Deluxe Arizona' dimmer clamp lamp with 100w bulb $15
- 18" florescent fixture and plant bulb $10
- Garden sprayer misting system with Orbit timer $30
- 1 'Little Dripper' $5
- 1 Acurite digital thermometer w/probe in/out/humid. $6
- 1 Acurite digital thermometer w/probe in or out. $4
- 3 digital Flukers thermometer/hygrometers $5 each
- 1 'lock crock' feeding dish $3
- 2 3' long 1" diam. Branches with wingnut/screw ends $5 each
- 1 3' long 1" diam. Dowel rod 'branch' $1
- 1 3' long 5-branch bundle of willow branches $8
- 2 5' long 1" diam. Bamboo poles $2 each
- 1 3' long 1/2" diam. Bamboo branch wrapped with 'baby biovine' $6
- 1 2' wood 'bird ladder' $4
- 1 medium sized broad-leaf Dracaena plant - live $12
- 1 4' tall Braided Ficus plant - live $14
- 1 medium sized Schefflera plant - live $6

- 1 18x18x36 white wire holding cage $35
- 5 wingnut/bolt branches 10"/12" $3 each
- 1 "Jungle Talk Triple Block Ring Toy" $5
- 1 'Booda Comfy Perch' Rope perch 3' $6
- 1 'Booda Comfy Perch' Rope perch 6' $12
- 1 large grapewood branch 30" $10
- 3 fabric 'aquarium' plants 12" $2per
- 1 Large 'Kladder' toy $6
- 1 18" small wood 'bird perch' $2

That is the updated list of supplies still available with prices asked. I consider ANY reasonable offer, and reduced prices for packages are common. :) Thanks.

This cage is AWESOME.

I went to meet Argentra today and see about possibly purchasing this cage.

:(:(:(
Sadly the cage is too big for any possible space in my home at the current time and I had no way to take it off her hands.

I told her I would come and add these comments and bump her post because of the EXCEPTIONAL Quality of this cage.

This cage has a final height close to 6 feet with the stand and drainage system she built for it. It is totally a furniture quality unit. The unit is more than worth the asking price and I wanted to make sure that I told argentra that and the forum members the same.

I wish I had more space gosh darn it! :(
Good Luck Argentra

Thanks... and I'm sorry you couldn't take it as well.

I know I went overboard when building this cage, which is why it's so much larger than your typical cham enclosure. But what can I say, I like spoiling my animals. :)

I really hope to get some more local interest in this cage, as I need to get it sold! I'll be at the May 9th Reptile Expo here in Denver with some flyers, but if that doesn't work I'll just have to end up taking it apart and hoping to use the wood for something else. :(

So please, Anyone local to the Denver, CO area who has a truck or large van to use/borrow, Please come and consider purchasing this cage! :)

Wish the homeade cage was shippable! I have the space for it, but I'm in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area >_< It is amazing though, do you have designs you would sell for it? I'd like to build something like it :)

Sold!

The cage is sold! :D:D:D

A nice couple came and bought it today as a summer outdoor cage for their cockatiels.

So, if anyone is still in need of a nice, furniture quality cage for their cham or other reptile, I am now starting a small business building custom cages! :) Just figure out what you want for size and materials and give me a PM!

Thanks for all the interest in the cage!

I am glad you got that one sold.

Now you have room to work on mine. :D

FWIW I am Argentra's first customer in her new business venture. :)

I was truely impressed by the craftsmanship of her own cages and stands, and she made me an offer I couldn't refuse. ;)

So, Argentra is custom making me a new home for my young chameleon Flash.

We discussed the measurements, style, hardware, drainage and construction specifics, and she is going to make me the custom cage I could not build myself. ;)

Congrats Argentra on selling the old cage and many of the supplies. Good Luck with Our Project. :D

Yep, I have the space back and will start construction this morning. :D Thanks again, Howie, for the order AND the confidence! Hopefully both will lead to future orders. :)

In the near future I may be getting a chameleon and taking a look at that cage, you do some exceptional work and maybe you could PM me some info about building custom cages. I'll probably be getting a chameleon around December or November.

Sorry for the absence... I've been busy with building. :)

PM sent, Jakedn. And please, anyone else interested, feel free to PM me about custom cages! I'll soon have a 'photo album' of cages, racks, and stands that I have built available online for viewing. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom