Frost doesn't like dubia yet

Bay687

as weird as it gets but my Nosy Be (Frost) doesn't like dubia roaches yet, he just leaves them alone, he goes after crickets, and flys only.. i have even tried worms and he just stares at them, how weird is that? he's going on 4 months so i think he can handle it, but we will see what happens over time

My Panthers are the same way. They love waxworms, superworms, flies and silkworms. They are less fond of crickets and completely ignore dubia's.
I guess the best way is to keep them hungry for a couple of days and see if they're interested then. As long as they're getting a varied diet, it's probably not so important that dubia's are out of the menu, but it's definitely a good source of food. FYI, they prefer newly molted white dubia's. Please post back if you succeed so I can use the same method.

ya definitley will give it a shot, because i want to give him a variety of stuff, he just looks at it, and walks away.. its sort of funny, but when he see's crickets and flies he's all over it

I have never worked with dubia so this is why i am asking, are they fast/do they move?

I know my male veiled will not go after things that are slow moving unless I hand feed him, or put a hornworm/silkworm on a branch out in the open

I have never worked with dubia so this is why i am asking, are they fast/do they move?

I know my male veiled will not go after things that are slow moving unless I hand feed him, or put a hornworm/silkworm on a branch out in the open

Oh yea, they move. My male didn't care for them at first but now goes right for them.

Back
Top Bottom