Friendly chameleon?

Toothless the cham

Established Member
Just out of curiosity what's the friendliest kind of chameleon that you can think of? I like veiled chameleons even though they're not friendly. The one veiled I have is still grumpy but I'm working with him. And i know that chameleons don't like to be handled very much. still I would like to know what the friendliest kind of chameleon is. not that I'm planning to get it.

If you can find yourself a "Stark" I think they are the most friendly!:ROFLMAO:;) I definitely feel like I got lucky with him, he is a super friendly veiled whose personality did a complete 360 in just the matter of a few weeks. At 5 months old I thought I would never even be able to stick my hand in the cage without being lunged at. Now I can rarely open the door without him trying to come out.

The answer to your question, each cham has their own personality, some are very aggressive some are passive...I've trained My female panthers, they are very friendly now, they used to be very aggressive, aggressive chams can be trained, it just takes persistence and time

Ok thanks. I was just wondering because people say veilds are grumpy and Panthers are more friendly. So I was wondering about other spiecies. Now I know that chams act how they want. Thanks!

I feel the same my veiled male is all about being on me as soon as I open his cage, but my female won’t come out without a fight .

My male chameleon is a lot more friendly then my female. He always wants out of his cage and is enjoying being hand feed. My female has had a hard life so I don’t force her to interact with me unless it’s necessary but I think she starting to see I’m not all humans are bad

The answer to your question, each cham has their own personality, some are very aggressive some are passive...I've trained My female panthers, they are very friendly now, they used to be very aggressive, aggressive chams can be trained, it just takes persistence and time
How did you train your panthers? I have a very aggressive veiled that I’m trying to get to turn his attitude around but I don’t quite know what to do. He’s also around 6 months old so maybe he’s just a cranky “teenager” right now.

How did you train your panthers? I have a very aggressive veiled that I’m trying to get to turn his attitude around but I don’t quite know what to do. He’s also around 6 months old so maybe he’s just a cranky “teenager” right now.
Even though I am not the guy you asked. Just try to hand feed every now and than. I did it and it has worked so far

I would give them their space, make sure he has a good hiding place in viv. This will give him security, start out with a routine of feeding. 6 - 9 months would be round about the cutoff for feeding everyday, minimize feeding so he will eat when you feed him, what I did was have a secure spot for their feeding cup, put in same place same time everyday, at first put cup in viv. Then close the door & walk away, give space, then gradually over 1 - 2 months for me they got to know feeding time and would be anxious to eat and meet me at the door, then I would hand feed, by then my presence wasn't a threat, I'm now associated with something to eat or drink = trusted. Some chams will take longer to tame, consistency and routine will achieve trust, along with having good husbandry= correct temps, correct uv lighting proper viv size and plants to hide in and vines to crawl on

Back
Top Bottom