Free Range Setup finally complete! Check it!

veiled66

Finally got it all setup and he seems happy although when I walk by thats a different story...haha veiled owners you know how that goes! Also does anyone elses chameleon not give a crap about anything when they see a hornworm? Oh and it looks like he can climb on a bunch of other plants with tomato cages around them but I assure you he is only confined to the ficus in the photo so he is not totally free. I feel this would be both a safety concern and a concern of him not getting appropriate UVB/heat.

Attachments

• image2 (7).JPG
    image2 (7).JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 460
  • image1 (8).JPG
    image1 (8).JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 489
Love the set up but I always out my veiled back in the cage at night because there is a chance he could get hurt or lost.
I have left him out for about 2 nights now and he actually just picks a spot to sleep and stays there sleeping until morning. I know its probably a safety issue as well but I really dont think he will risk trying anything at night as far as moving.

Really nice ! My veiled loves his free range spot, just make sure to cover soil !
when you say cover soil do you mean to prevent an impacted digestive system when feeding?

It might be the picture... but is his the basking light far enough away where he can't get to it or burn himself? Austin was telling you to cover the soil of the free range plant where he can not get to it with rocks.

It might be the picture... but is his the basking light far enough away where he can't get to it or burn himself? Austin was telling you to cover the soil of the free range plant where he can not get to it with rocks.

He is not able to reach his lights, the only thing he can reach or has access to is his free range ficus tree. The angles are definitely deceiving they are always making me think my lights are too close or too far away haha.

Back
Top Bottom