Free range... Outside!?!?

Maki

Haha, ok so before anyone freaks out I need to clarify! I live in Florida and I have an outdoor screened in area. So.. I'm looking at my little reptibreeze.. And I'm out getting my little guy some sun and I'm like.. This is really just a giant reptibreeze.. Could I????

Ok, so before I even go there.. I have a pool in this area (><) so, thus I don't know if this is even close to a good idea. But maybe I could make an area he could chill in, and possibly connect it to an outdoor cage so he can explore and then be returned back to his cage.

My biggest fears are the pool, and, we have raccoons in this area. Even with the screen, I don't know about those guys. They're crazy.

Any suggestions? Especially Florida people!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 322
Hmm, yes, I think that is what I'm afraid of. Possible solutions? He'd be outside 10 months of the year in sunshine if I get it right. He would be very happy if I could make it work.

Just keep swimming!

Oh look! Something like this? I just scrolled around the free range forum and found this setup! I bet something like this would work by golly!

Optimistic! :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 284
Hmm, yes, I think that is what I'm afraid of. Possible solutions? He'd be outside 10 months of the year in sunshine if I get it right. He would be very happy if I could make it work.

Enclose an area in the screen room. He's get very little UV unless you use something like the 1/4 inch hardware cloth. Where I live in FL it's way to hot to keep them out side in the afternoon.

Oh look! Something like this? I just scrolled around the free range forum and found this setup! I bet something like this would work by golly!

Optimistic! :D

That's mine and a large coral might work but I'd test it for awhile to make sure he can't get out or fall out of the coral.

Well I appreciate the advice, I'll macguiver it and report back! But, I might just wait till spring now. It'll be cold before we know it!

Hey man,
I live in Brandon, just outside Tampa, and I have a screen enclosure (minus the pool) that my chameleon absolutely adores. Even when it's slightly cooler outside than it is in his terrarium, he seems to be enthralled by the fresher air.

I have a small glass table in the middle of the enclosure with chairs all around it, and two small bamboo plants in individual pots on top of the table. I bought the bamboo from my local wal-mart, brought it home, repotted and washed the plant with soap and water to get rid of any pesticides, and put my little guy on it to climb to the top. I make sure that I watch him like a hawk, because I don't want any frantic chameleon hunts lol, but he loves being able to explore a new perch.

When the sun first rises, and when it begins to set, I take him on short walks around the backyard - just chilling on my hand. You don't need to set up anything fancy to let your cham enjoy nature. Just make sure you keep an eye on him, whatever he's climbing on isn't toxic, and that he doesn't fall significantly and hurt himself, and you'll be on the way to making your pal more happy!

Back
Top Bottom