Free range drinking

sixstring

I was misting the branches of my male Ambilobes free range area so he could drink and he walked up to the spray bottle and started licking the nozzle. I squeezed it a little to let a drop out and he opened his mouth. It was not a defensive "gape" but a "common man I want some water" so I sprayed slowly into his mouth and he drank. We did this for a couple minutes and then he turned around and walked up the stick. Has anyone else seen/done this? :cool:

That's how I water both my Male and Female Jackson's in their free range. They both just drink out of the sprayer. I like that because I know exactly how much water they're drinking daily :)

It is awesome! Mine really seem to enjoy their drinking times from the water bottle. I spray all over their bodies and then they drink right from the end. I think it makes watering in my free ranging easier because my chams wont drink from a dripper...not for lack of trying to get them to...they just won't.

It is awesome! Mine really seem to enjoy their drinking times from the water bottle. I spray all over their bodies and then they drink right from the end. I think it makes watering in my free ranging easier because my chams wont drink from a dripper...not for lack of trying to get them to...they just won't.

I stopped using drippers a long time ago but always try to teach my chams to drink directly from a sprayer or a syringe. Once they learn, it is so much easier to monitor how much they get.

I stopped using drippers a long time ago but always try to teach my chams to drink directly from a sprayer or a syringe. Once they learn, it is so much easier to monitor how much they get.

I agree 100% that for me and my chams it's much easier :)

I use a dripper for my female because she wont get near me. If I am going to be gone all day I'll put a dripper on the male, but for the most part a good spray down and nightly bottle drinking hes good to go. Its strange when they were younger the male was very defensive, and now he is super outgoing. The female was lalala what ever, now she just wants to be left alone and hide.

I wish mine would do that she prefers me to spay a constant stream that runs alont the glass down to her mouth. She'll take it if I hold her and give it by dropper. Occationally she'll dip her mouth in a dish of water if she sees the water shimmering while i'm spraying the cage with water bottle. Seems as if they are all slow drinkers and patience is required while spraying, that's the hardest part sometimes...

My chams won't drink from a syringe or spraybottle. I mist them 3 times a day and have a dripper going for an hour every day. They drink, I know, but i wished they'd drink this way. For me it would be an extra reassurance ;-).

Back
Top Bottom