For those of you with Carpet Chameleons.

Coby

So I'm getting my first cham next week or so, and it might be a Panther, but theres a part of me that still wants a Carpet cham.

I know they aren't as easy to keep as Panthers, but the size of them is really making me want one.

I have 110% dedication. This is not something Im just doing because Im bored.

So here's my questions.

What about them makes them harder to raise?

I know most of you wouldnt recommend it as a first, but if I am dedicated, would a Carpet Cham be alright?

Thanks

I don't find them any harder to raise than panthers. You just have a slightly different set of parameters is all (i.e. temps, humidity, etc.). I have seen people start out with panthers as their first cham and likewise with a carpet and they have done fine if they do their research first and are dedicated to doing what they are supposed to do. I generally tell people that if you can follow directions (ie. the prooper care of that cham) then you will do fine. So, really it's your choice.

I don't find them any harder to raise than panthers. You just have a slightly different set of parameters is all (i.e. temps, humidity, etc.). I have seen people start out with panthers as their first cham and likewise with a carpet and they have done fine if they do their research first and are dedicated to doing what they are supposed to do. I generally tell people that if you can follow directions (ie. the prooper care of that cham) then you will do fine. So, really it's your choice.

Cool. Ive been reading the few care sheets I can find and trying to learn as much about them as I can.

By Monday I should have a good idea of exactly what Ill be dealing with. But from what Ive read, it seems pretty straight forward.

Give them proper heat and light, mist them, give them their supplements as needed, make sure their habitat is good...

I just need to find a place with captive bred Carpets available. Anyone know of any?

After it grows, and I grow comfortable with caring for it, then I might buy a second cage and either get another, or make a really sweet cage setup and connect the 2 cages with a tube from one to another.

I agree with Julie, carpets would be ok for a first cham as long as you can meet their needs and you determine that prior to buying them so it should work well. One of our members Dooley 1 sell some wonderful carpets in the classified here. I received my pair from him not long ago and I really enjoy them.

Yes, Dooley1's carpets are solid and 3rd and 4th generation. I am still waiting on a couple eggs that are a year old now. The siblings hatched out at 6 mos.!

Um, forget about the "tube" and even connecting the cages altogether. That is not a good idea.

Dooley1 is the man on here for carpets. I got my cb pair from him. He had a beautiful male for sale on here a week or so ago. I'd say 99% of the ones you see online for sale are wc. So if you cant find a cb carpet I'd say start with a cb panther. Then when some cb carpets are avail you can pick one up and have some exp under your belt. jm .02

And I pretty much keep my carpets the same as my panthers. The exception being cage size and feeder size. I use the same watt incandescent bulbs and the same type uvb (5.0 Reptsun) Just use far less supplements for the carpets than the panthers.

Yeah, Ill make sure I get a CB.

Im eagerly awaiting a reply from Dooley1

If any of you have pics of yours, Id love to see them!

Dooley for carpets

hi Dooley(Kevin) has excellent carpets. I have a pair from him . Real healthy. Colors are great. He knows his stuff for sure. Highly Recommended .Good Luck , Chuck S

Back
Top Bottom