For Parson care info . . . .

OldChamKeeper

Chameleon Enthusiast
I do not mind responding to PM's or questions in general about Parson's. However before you hit me up please go read this

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/the-parson-chameleon-care-and-needs-simplified.160444/

because I'm not interested in saying the same stuff over and over again. If you have questions that this article didn't cover feel free to hit me up all you new Parson keepers! If that link didn't work you will see that topic stickied to the top of the general forums.

So many new Orange eye keepers, I never thought I'd see so many.

I must say, that your article you posted about care was very helpful when deciding to finally get into Parsons Chameleons. I still go reread it from time to time. Thank you for posting such a great thread!

-Zac

Not a bad thing if they are cared for. I hope I don't hear of any in a big box retailer. I don't think they will ever be that common due to the incubation requirements. Parson's can live a long long time and be a solid pet if cared for correctly from the start.
I think that was a joke lol, or at least I took it as one; it’s not marketable for merchants to sell parsons like that, and general consumers won’t be dropping upwards of 1000 dollars on a lizard.

I think that was a joke lol, or at least I took it as one; it’s not marketable for merchants to sell parsons like that, and general consumers won’t be dropping upwards of 1000 dollars on a lizard.

No, joke at all. Six years ago $1,000 would barely cover the deposit on an orange eye. Their total cost was around $2,700 to $3,800. Not long ago someone had parson cristifers for $200 each.My Facebook friend bought two. They were in poor condition but she has managed to save them.i

I remember when an adult Parson would retail for under $300... so no I'm not joking. However I do think that the incubation requirements will keep these from being as easily obtained as a Panther or a Veiled, but not by much. If an animal costs upwards of $500 then from my past retail experience I would say that most customers are willing to invest in the animal and get the right gear from the start. Even do a little reading up on the soon to be pet sometimes.

It's when animals are cheap that the dumbasses come out and buy the $19 iguanas without so much as a vitamin supplement.

Back
Top Bottom