Food

What was I thinking?!
I'm just 13!!
I'm too young to care for a chameleon.
Oh...:( Sweetheart I don’t think your age has anything to do with it. From reading all of your posts it sounds as though you’re in an area that doesn’t have any suitable resources available to care for a creature like a chameleon. You saved Harab from being fed to a snake and I feel that you did your best at giving him a better life.

@Beman @Brodybreaux25 @jannb do y’all know if direct sunlight is ok?

No offense to these people at all, but not many have kept hoeneli. Janb has kept montanes. @JacksJill too and a few others. They're you're best bets for info regarding. There's a difference in keeping veileds/panthers and keeping something like hoeneli. My Parsons likes morning sun and as it gets warmer hangs more in the shade.

Just saw the picture, likely will die soon unfortunately. I saw that you tried to help, but these guys just need too much to keep correctly. Especially if they are WC. Not to sound cold, but the animal didn't have much of a chance either way... not blaming you though I know you had no choice

No offense to these people at all, but not many have kept hoeneli. Janb has kept montanes. @JacksJill too and a few others. They're you're best bets for info regarding. There's a difference in keeping veileds/panthers and keeping something like hoeneli. My Parsons likes morning sun and as it gets warmer hangs more in the shade.
Which is precisely why I have not been adding feedback in this thread until this morning when I was tagged. @JacksJill has already been in on this thread.

Which is precisely why I have not been adding feedback in this thread until this morning when I was tagged. @JacksJill has already been in on this thread.

Feedback is always helpful from our good members like you. Didn't mean it like that, just that a WC uncommon montane species like this is going to take someone that has actually kept them or something close. Even a CB hoeneli is a huge difference from a WC. Especially when you're in a country that doesn't have places to get feeders/treatment/supplies easily for reptiles.

Feedback is always helpful from our good members like you. Didn't mean it like that, just that a WC uncommon montane species like this is going to take someone that has actually kept them or something close. Even a CB hoeneli is a huge difference from a WC when you're in a country that doesn't have places to get feeders/treatment/supplies easily for reptiles.
I agree completely. Wild one has not learned that it is best to tag specific keepers for certain things though. She is tagging those of us that she has had the most interaction with because of the urgency of the situation. The only person I know with abilities for this would be Jacksjill and she was already in on the thread from the jump. So I avoided the thread as I did not feel qualified to give advice in it.

I agree completely. Wild one has not learned that it is best to tag specific keepers for certain things though. She is tagging those of us that she has had the most interaction with because of the urgency of the situation. The only person I know with abilities for this would be Jacksjill and she was already in on the thread from the jump. So I avoided the thread as I did not feel qualified to give advice in it.

I was reading the thread from that post and didn't see that the animal was basically dead. I don't have any problem with you or anyone posting. I was just trying to direct it to some of our experienced montane keepers here because the situation looked urgent. These kinds of species will drop seemingly out of nowhere even when things are right.

I'm so sorry. I know you did your best. Harab probably was probably already sick from the time at the snake park. It is very hard to adjust wild caught chameleons to captive life. You did a nice thing for Harab. I'm sorry it has made you so sad.

Back
Top Bottom