Food

Ok...I know you saved the chameleon from the snakes but if you don't get the care for it right it will likely die before too long. I know you're young too so I'll try not to be too complicated in my answers.

You asked about a coat...so how cold does it get in your apartment in the coldest part of the year? How warm is your apartment in the hottest part of the year?

We also need to know what species it is for sure. I think you said it was a hoenelli....right?

I know you've been having trouble getting her to eat. If she's not warm enough she won't be able to digest the food well so it will move through her slowly and she won't be hungry. That could be part of the problem but only if she's not warm enough.

More later.

I can't really help you at this point with insect breeding since I don't know what insects you can catch in the wild there. We need photos...or proper names.

Ok...I know you saved the chameleon from the snakes but if you don't get the care for it right it will likely die before too long. I know you're young too so I'll try not to be too complicated in my answers.

You asked about a coat...so how cold does it get in your apartment in the coldest part of the year? How warm is your apartment in the hottest part of the year?

We also need to know what species it is for sure. I think you said it was a hoenelli....right?

I know you've been having trouble getting her to eat. If she's not warm enough she won't be able to digest the food well so it will move through her slowly and she won't be hungry. That could be part of the problem but only if she's not warm enough.

More later.
The coldest it gets is 19°C and the hottest is about 24-26°C

I can't really help you at this point with insect breeding since I don't know what insects you can catch in the wild there. We need photos...or proper names.
I usually catch anything big that I can find.
From House Flies to Grasshoppers.

HELP! SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!!!
Pls reply!
Harab was basking and later on she dropped down and won't move!
Once in a while she will try to move.
Pls help!
Her colour is her normal relaxed colour and she doesn't seem stressed.
PLEASE HELP!
image.jpeg

That does not look like a relaxed color to me, falls usually happen because of MBD when they have the wrong lights, what lights are you using?

I tagged some people that I know will be able to help. I don’t think direct sunlight is good enough I use a T5HO, and 60 watt incandescent regular household bulb, no led or anything light that,

I tagged some people that I know will be able to help. I don’t think direct sunlight is good enough I use a T5HO, and 60 watt incandescent regular household bulb, no led or anything light that,
She was fine earlier today.
She sat to bask and fell asleep (as usual) but then I found her lying on the ground after an hour.

You're chameleon is likely dying--either from improper care stress or both. I know you wanted to take care of it but it needs lots of specific things to be cared for. If it is "usual" for her to sleep during the day she has been in decline. I am sorry you have to watch this.

Back
Top Bottom