Food

Spags

I got my female veiled in April and I am not sure how old she was when I got her. Here is a picture of her.
Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 3.46.41 PM.png
This picture is the day I got her.
I fed her 5-10 crickets a day with calcium dusting and twice a month D3 and twice a month multivites. Now, I have had her for 10 months and I feed her 12 - 20 crickets every other day same dusting schedule. Is this ok? I use 5.0 UVB and a standard 45 watt for heat. She is in a 18x18x36 and she is doing fine. Crickets are gut loaded with Mustard greens. Here she is today.
IMG_1920 (1).JPG
In case anyone was wondering if she is prego... no she was a little puffed up because I startled her. BUT i do have a perma- egg bin with 8 inches of soil and some small spider plants inside incase she decides one day to lay her eggs when she gets them. I will post a pic of her cage once i get home. The basking temp is 85 degrees around that. And the ambient is 70-75 depending where you go in the tank. Obviously it's almost 85 closer to the basking area and cooler down at the bottom. I have 2 small spider plants and a golden pothos at the bottom

Sounds good! Make sure you are gutloading those crickets and you can always try roaches and various worms to give her some variety.

Hello I have a 3 to 4 month old female veiled chameleon and I have had her for 4 days now and she is so scared of me. I looked at some videos and was told to just take her out and hold every once in awhile but it doesn't seem to work also she never goes to the bottom of her cage she just stays at the top. Can someone please help me.

I got my female veiled in April and I am not sure how old she was when I got her. Here is a picture of her. View attachment 149928 This picture is the day I got her.
I fed her 5-10 crickets a day with calcium dusting and twice a month D3 and twice a month multivites. Now, I have had her for 10 months and I feed her 12 - 20 crickets every other day same dusting schedule. Is this ok? I use 5.0 UVB and a standard 45 watt for heat. She is in a 18x18x36 and she is doing fine. Crickets are gut loaded with Mustard greens. Here she is today.View attachment 149929 In case anyone was wondering if she is prego... no she was a little puffed up because I startled her. BUT i do have a perma- egg bin with 8 inches of soil and some small spider plants inside incase she decides one day to lay her eggs when she gets them. I will post a pic of her cage once i get home. The basking temp is 85 degrees around that. And the ambient is 70-75 depending where you go in the tank. Obviously it's almost 85 closer to the basking area and cooler down at the bottom. I have 2 small spider plants and a golden pothos at the bottom
Feed those crickets some different stuff. Have a look at this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160522-075949.png
    Screenshot_20160522-075949.png
    487.3 KB · Views: 91
Back
Top Bottom