Food chart

caroooo

Hi !
We are (me and my 8yr old little girl) proud new owner of a veiled chameleon named Dexter! :p:love:

I did alot of reashearch before buying so I know what to expect. The only thing I'm a bit confused about is the (greens-veggie-fruit) chart and when they should be given (daily-weekly-monthly..). I did alot of reading and some of the sites contradict themselves.. Would you experts tell me a simple list that I can actually rely on? I do not want to give him something that can be harmfull. I would then after make a sign with it so my daughter knows what/when to give it.

Also, I'm very happy because Dexter loves to be pet! (Again, many blogs told otherwise). :D:D:D

Last question, I've heard that chameleons can't hear, it is true ?

Thank you all!!

Caro
16602921_860756417396573_3890418944106549214_n.jpg

I've also read that they were deaf but can still hear vibrations, or something to that degree.
Are you talking about giving Dexter the actual fruit and veggies, or giving them as a gut load to his feeders?
He looks very nice in the picture! Resembles my Moe, which I am taking to the vet today. (check my post if you're curious)
You're in the right place to ask any questions. I've learned A LOT from chameleonforums.

I've also read that they were deaf but can still hear vibrations, or something to that degree.
Are you talking about giving Dexter the actual fruit and veggies, or giving them as a gut load to his feeders?
He looks very nice in the picture! Resembles my Moe, which I am taking to the vet today. (check my post if you're curious)
You're in the right place to ask any questions. I've learned A LOT from chameleonforums.

Thanks! :)
Yes, I am talking about giving it to Dexter ;) I have read that veiled chameleons love it :)
I know I can give some to his feeders too
Yea, will definately be coming here alot with my questions and to get informations ::)

Hi !
We are (me and my 8yr old little girl) proud new owner of a veiled chameleon named Dexter! :p:love:

I did alot of reashearch before buying so I know what to expect. The only thing I'm a bit confused about is the (greens-veggie-fruit) chart and when they should be given (daily-weekly-monthly..). I did alot of reading and some of the sites contradict themselves.. Would you experts tell me a simple list that I can actually rely on? I do not want to give him something that can be harmfull. I would then after make a sign with it so my daughter knows what/when to give it.

Also, I'm very happy because Dexter loves to be pet! (Again, many blogs told otherwise). :D:D:D

Thank you all!!

Caro
View attachment 177444

ill let you know if i find out a good veggie fruit etc list if i can, ive been wondering the same thing

Hi !

Thank you all!!

Caro
View attachment 177444

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/feeding-chameleon-veggies.54634/#post-513065

heres a thread i found with some people mentioning what greens they feed there chameleons

I've gotten Moe to eat small pieces of apple before by rubbing it along his mouth then when he opened it I put it in there and he chewed it right up, multiple times.
If you're going to feed them apples make sure you do not give them any pieces that are close to the core of the apple as I have read that can be toxic.

I've gotten Moe to eat small pieces of apple before by rubbing it along his mouth then when he opened it I put it in there and he chewed it right up, multiple times.
If you're going to feed them apples make sure you do not give them any pieces that are close to the core of the apple as I have read that can be toxic.

Sweet! I thought tho that apples were to acid for their stomach.. is Moe dygesting them well?

He's very cute. Congrats and good luck!

Thanks you! We love him :LOL::LOL: I'm actually pretty proud to have been able to tame him well, and that now whenever I open his terrarium, he will most likely come right on me, then just go chill on my shoulder or head lol :) Yours is awesome too! :)

Nice! Looks like he loves em. Are you giving green or red apples. The red might taste better since they're sweet and green is sour. I fed Moe a small slice of apple today to give him some nourishment since he's not doing so well again. I kind of had to force feed it to him unfortunately. :(

Back
Top Bottom