Foggers, a Tool or a Danger?

My new father is made out of a black bin with a yellow lid but is sealed also underneath the cabnet , no sunlight can get to it .
mad scientist horror GIF

https://homeairquality.org/how-to-prevent-pink-mold-in-humidifier/

"like any mold species, pink mold thrives in moisture and darkness."

So it doesnt matter if your stuff is "black". Its growing because unlike water lines, you are "filtering" a crap ton of unfiltered air through your tubes.

This was my hypothesis too. "It doesnt matter if you use distilled water and black tubing". If you dont clean and have anti bacteria, you are going to get the pink stuff no matter how pure your water is. Your air is full of lots of yummy stuff for the bacteria to eat :)

I tried using solid hydrogen peroxide (the main ingredient in oxiclean) that is used to remove algae from fish ponds. It didnt work...

https://homeairquality.org/how-to-prevent-pink-mold-in-humidifier/

"like any mold species, pink mold thrives in moisture and darkness."

So it doesnt matter if your stuff is "black". Its growing because unlike water lines, you are "filtering" a crap ton of unfiltered air through your tubes.

This was my hypothesis too. "It doesnt matter if you use distilled water and black tubing". If you dont clean and have anti bacteria, you are going to get the pink stuff no matter how pure your water is. Your air is full of lots of yummy stuff for the bacteria to eat :)

I tried using solid hydrogen peroxide (the main ingredient in oxiclean) that is used to remove algae from fish ponds. It didnt work...
Will you maybe right but I’ve never had any of that ,, and I dealt with it a lot when I had fish tanks . Maybe I’m going through enough water to keep that from happening 🤷‍♂️

Will you maybe right but I’ve never had any of that ,, and I dealt with it a lot when I had fish tanks . Maybe I’m going through enough water to keep that from happening 🤷‍♂️

Wonder if its the type of tubing etc, and certain plastics wont allow the pink stuff to stick? Maybe its a pvc only thing? You dont see stuff growing in silicone tubing now that i think about it.

I have never seen the pink stuff in the pvc pipe that I use nor in my petspioneer fogger ( it’s black) but I clean them weekly or every ten days anyway. I don’t want to take the chance of my Cham getting a URI or anything else for that matter.

You have to remember this guy is a transplant patient so his immune system is severely compromised. A regular healthy person is probably not going to catch something from a cool air humidifier like this because our immune systems can and do fight these germs before it ever gets to be an infection. Now we do have to clean our humidifiers frequently but as long as we do we should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom