Fogger

Ok guys and gals.. i read in my chameleon book that my veil would like a heavy fog in the morning.. since he drink from my dripper and im at work for most the day... wouldn't a fogger on a timer so good to raise the humidity??:D

Anyone??? The problem with me getting a mister is i have a glass bottom on my cage.. so water doesn't drain... trying to think of a way to get water to drain and something to raise my RH in the tank... either i need to drill a hole in the glass some how...

Well I don't see why a fogger wouldn't work, I use a humidifier which gives off what I call a small stream of fog.

I've seen DIY foggers on the forums before...

I'd wait a day or so and let the more experienced members take a peak at it though, takes time to get answers sometimes, and sometimes you may be asking a question asked a lot recently and get ignored. :/

I can't really help you out with this question, I've never owned a veiled. But from seeing/reading about other veiled owners i've never heard or read about them using a humidifier in the AM. Usually Humidifiers are used for Jacksons since they require allot of humidity. But members do use them for veiled, just not sure about the mornings.

Also your enclosure may get too wet which can cause a respiratory infection. I'd just stick with a solid misting schedule that works best for your cham.

Just be sure to post your questions during mid-day. Posting questions at night is hard to get the right answers because allot of members are on a 3 hours time difference in the east coast. Right now it's 12:50am for us, but in Florida it may be 3:50am :) Also you have people that are from around the world, so take account for all time zones haha.

Hopefully another member with way more veiled experience will chime in and answer your question. Even some of my questions never get answered, and i always turn to google for answers haha.

Ok.... i was just tying to find a way to keep the RH up... since im gone 10hrs of the day... i think misting will be too much water for my cage.. since it has a glass bottom.. no drainage.

i agree with the above statement i only use a mister and dripper for my veileds the fogger will bring your humidity wat too high its best to drill the hole in your enclosure bottom and just up the mistings.

i agree with the above statement i only use a mister and dripper for my veileds the fogger will bring your humidity wat too high its best to drill the hole in your enclosure bottom and just up the mistings.[/QUOTE

I was thinking about a fogger for my veilds in there new enclosure but i thought it would make it to humid for them:(what if it only comes on twice aday for around 15-20 minutes each time? And what about for panthers?

Arizona is so dry, with a humidifier going almost 15+ hours a day it barely gets the humidity above 30%. Now I have plastic and bushes and it isnt consistent but its higher. A properly timed fogger in a dry area would work in the same place as a humidifier.

Ya like today.. here in San Diego it's pretty warm and very dry.. no humidity at all... im trying like crazy to keep the RH up but not having very much luck.. I think a fogger on a timer would be great... have it go off every so often.. Also i need to drill a hole in my glass bottom or get a new cage..

ya you should always have drains with chams. as far as the fogger i guess if its really dry where you are from it wouldn't hurt to try just be sure to get the timing for it right check the humidity and the chams reaction to it. the best thing to do is just get it in one corner of the cage so they can go directky in the fog or the mist and it should bring up th humidity a good amount but if you have a glass enclosure and you have no humidity and mist a fair bit my guess would be you need a new hygrometer because that sounds impossible. i would get a new hygrometer aswell. be sure to keep the enclosure ffrom being wet all the time you want it to dry out between mistings and overnight aswell

So my humidity in my yemens enclosures can drop to around 30% as i dont use any substrate...i struggle to keep the humidity up inbetween spraying! So would it be a good idea to have a misting system and a fogger in there permenant enclosure? (On a timer so its not on constantly) and i will also be getting my first pantbers in january:)will this also be a good idea for their enclosure??

well.... i did get the reptifogger and i have it on a timer, it raises the RH great... it doesn't make the cage too wet cause the the fog is almost dry. Also when i collects on the top of the screen it drips down and creates also like a rain affect.. He still getting used to the fog...

Back
Top Bottom