Fog?

Nope....but I still wonder if it depends on where it is when you're smelling it...in a wound or in a container/tube etc.

I use distilled water to keep the reservoir clean and I clean it and leave it in the sun to monthly.
Should there be a "dry" between "to" and "monthly"? Sunlight will actually promote algae growth in water/wet conditions.

I clean the tubes when there is any sign of growth. I do not glue my tubing so I can clean it. I wish my tubing was clear.
Clear tubing is availableā€”just sayin'...

Pseudomonas as a distinctive smell when it is active something like corn chips or dog feet. Any odors or accumulation in your humidifier require a thorough cleaning.
Same comment as above regarding similarities of odors, though I agree ANY odor indicates a problem that needs addressingā€”especially any odor similar to something that comes from a doggo. :eek:

Regarding difference in smell of pseudomonas....could also be that in some cases more than one bacteria is present so it changes the odor...
https://microbeonline.com/pathogenic-microbes-characteristics-smell-good-bad/

"Grapes, corn tortillas, caramel/butterscotch, and beef sandwiches. These are words that you probably would not associate with microbes, but several different people used these words to describe microbial smells. The smell of the pathogenic (disease-causing) bacterium Pseudomonas aeruginosa was described two different ways: ā€œcorn tortillasā€ by Dr. Jesus Romo and ā€œfake grape flavorā€ by Amy Cannan. I studied Pseudomonas aeruginosa for my PhD, and I can say that it can smell both grapey and, oddly enough, like corn tortillas or chips"...
https://joyfulmicrobe.com/microbial-smells/

I thought the California feral Jackson's were up the coast in the Morrow Bay area but I have not heard of anyone seeing them for a long time. I would love to know if someone has and when.
You know it was so long ago, Iā€™m not sure any more where they were but Ardi Abate knew where they were and she told me about them. Sheā€™s passed away now. Itā€™s possible that they died off or were caught and sold as pets. I donā€™t know if there are any still there wherever they were.

"Grapes, corn tortillas, caramel/butterscotch, and beef sandwiches. These are words that you probably would not associate with microbes, but several different people used these words to describe microbial smells. The smell of the pathogenic (disease-causing) bacterium Pseudomonas aeruginosa was described two different ways: ā€œcorn tortillasā€ by Dr. Jesus Romo and ā€œfake grape flavorā€ by Amy Cannan. I studied Pseudomonas aeruginosa for my PhD, and I can say that it can smell both grapey and, oddly enough, like corn tortillas or chips"...
https://joyfulmicrobe.com/microbial-smells/
STOP! You're making me HUNGRY! šŸ˜‹

This is how Iā€™m now are keeping the K. Boehmei and time will tell if it works. Honestly I almost try to think rational and I dislike over clinical behavior. I just donā€™t live and follow that principal. Itā€™s with humans the same, the ones that mostly get sick and / our get strange diseases, are the ones living steriel. Never seen hoboā€™s get sick from living on the streets and eating from trash cans. Itā€™s the same with animals, primarily we are all made for survival and adaption. And yes, this all it bit bluntly, but you get my point.
Iā€™m definitely with your point of view.
Cause the hobos that gets sick are not walking around for people to see, they get dead somewhere people donĀ“t hang around.

Back
Top Bottom