Flys from outside

TIMMYBOY

So as everyone knows my female Yemen NAHLA does not eat and it's been over a week.so I was reading some other threads and the flying insect things was a great idea my babe girls feeding response turned on immediately..she is hunting them down rite now.i am so pumped she might make it after all. And I dusted the flys with zoomed s no d3calciumn!!!.....I also let some go in my male ALI'S CAGE and he went in to TERMINATOR MODE you can see the behavior change ...I love watching my lil beasties ..TIMMY MONACO GREATFUL FOR THE FORUMS INFO MIGHT HAVE SAVED A STUBBORN YEMEN THANKU PEEPS

Ali vs FLY STARE DOWN

Who won? Who is your money on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 96
Flys from out side could be bad..... Who knows what and where they landed on. Does any of your pet stores have calci worms? Just leave them in the container for a couple days and they will turn into black soldier flies, which are probably much better. But that is good to hear that your Cham is eating! Hope he gets his appetite back

Flys from out side could be bad..... Who knows what and where they landed on. Does any of your pet stores have calci worms? Just leave them in the container for a couple days and they will turn into black soldier flies, which are probably much better. But that is good to hear that your Cham is eating! Hope he gets his appetite back

I am still one who thinks you do what you have to do. If flys saved his Cham then it was worth the risk.

Yes I agree, I'm not suggesting not to do it, but if there are phoenix worms where he is it would be a much better to let them turn into flys. But I don't know all of the circumstances, but I do agree that sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to make things happen :)
I am still one who thinks you do what you have to do. If flys saved his Cham then it was worth the risk.

Call around to all your local bait stores and see if they have fly larvae (maggots) a lot of bait shop have them

Thanks

Wow thanks for the feedback everyone!!!!!..ill take everyone's suggestions and use a lil bit of info from everybody ...u guys are cool ....I wish u could of seen her perk up when those flys started buzzing around her it took about a min befour she took a shot at one ., i was so happy., wen I came in tonite.she was laying down flat sleeping tho ..i think she should be standin up

I take my chams out allot to hang out in free range trees outside, with me closely watching, and they eat all kinds of stuff including flies. I do regular fecals every 3 months and they do sometimes have parasites. I have also bought flies at the Mantis Place linked below really cheap and you can get the larger flies called Blue Bottle Flies. You girl will love them and the flies here should be parasite free.
http://www.mantisplace.com/feederinsects.html#BBP

Wow thanks for the feedback everyone!!!!!..ill take everyone's suggestions and use a lil bit of info from everybody ...u guys are cool ....I wish u could of seen her perk up when those flys started buzzing around her it took about a min befour she took a shot at one ., i was so happy., wen I came in tonite.she was laying down flat sleeping tho ..i think she should be standin up

my female sleep almost vertical in this little V at the very top pf her cage...shes going to need a new spot soon though lol shes getting bigger and her fav nook in the plant isnt and its starting to lean lol but my male sleeps perfectly horizontal on a cross bar almost mid cage..its pretty dense around that spot so im guessing he feel safe at night

I wonder about the outdoor fly thing myself, but if you could see the disgusting conditions of just about every food source pet shop I've gone into, I have to wonder if maybe the flies from outside are cleaner and healthier than the food from these stores! I realize it's hard to keep a shop spotless when you are selling pets that pee and poop all over the place, and I fully understand that, but there are likely as many flies in these shops carrying parasites as there would be in the "wild"outdoor flies. Is there really anywhere that would be so clean that they could truly provide "clean" food without a doubt? Yes I'm sure there are, but, is it going to be our local pet shop or food breeder? I'm not saying go right out and take any unnecessary chances by tempting fate, but is it really that risky to let our chameleon friends eat a natural source of food? I'm thinking that in the jungle the risk wasn't as great because there weren't too many neighbors who might have used pesticides out there, but most sprays I've ever used dispatched flies before they could fly very far. So what is the general consensus, to feed or not to feed?

Back
Top Bottom