SAM_1088.jpg

SAM_0961.jpg

SAM_0966.jpg

SAM_0974.jpg

pure awsomeness!!!

are they rather difficult to care for?

never seen a flying/gliding gecko before

yep, totaly cool.

and Ace, they are easy to care for. I think I posted a care sheet on the last post of froggy's.

Harry

Awesome Indeed! Thanks Froggy, thats just amazing, look at how wide the feet spread, and there is even 'flaps' on the head too, How amazing, even the pattern is unique.
That foot spread pic just says it all, I can see how they would slow there descent and just 'splat' velcro to a tree trunk. Incredible. Maybe one day you can create a free range area for it and video its behaviours?
Are they nocturnal? crepuscular or diurnal? Im guessing either or both the first two, birds would love them.
:)

yep, totaly cool.

and Ace, they are easy to care for. I think I posted a care sheet on the last post of froggy's.

Harry
Thanks Harry, very much appreciated:)
If you can care for a Cham you can care for a flyer. I'd say the flyer is easier than most species of chams.

http://www.geckotime.com/flying-geckos-ptychozoon-kuhli/

And thank you too :)...these geckos look awsome....im starting to get that gecko itch;)

wheeleri also intersted me, among cresteds and gargoyles and leaf-tailed geckos:)...but research i must:D

Franie I have to say that guy is past adorable!! I would love to have one of those guys. It is -38 here is that to cold for him to "fly" out for a visit??

Thanks Harry!! :)

You are welcome JJ! I believe they are mainly nocturnal....... I just LOVE the feet!!! They blend in just like leaf-tails during the day, almost impossible to find!! I do know that Chaotic has been trying to get some footage of one "flying". They can be rather stubborn!! lol

Ace, don't I know the itch!! If you are seriously considering a flyer, I'm going to highly recommend CB. These guys are extremely flighty and wicked fast. Kite is a gem, but he was handled by the breeder. The skin is rather thin, making it tricky to contain a very squirrely gecko!! Kite tore the last approx. 1/3 of his tail just by catching it on something in his viv. It was shortly after I got him, so I think I may have spooked him and he got it caught. :( It's still growing back in.

Thanks Laurie!! I do have a sweater and flight goggles here somewhere.......let me see if I can talk him into a trip out!! :p

Rave, yes they are very cute and fun!

Thank you Tiff!! I wish you could see him too...

Last edited:
thanks again for the photos. they are great as always. it looks like Laurie would like some so I'm running down to my local pet store this thursday as they do have some CB ones for cheap.

spring better hurry tho, as if they grow on me, I might not send them to Laurie. :p

Harry

Back
Top Bottom