Flushing Eyes

snitz427

Chameleon Enthusiast
I’m pretty certain Penne has something stuck under her eyelid... seems pretty obvious when she looks behind her, but my vet “didnt see anything,” even with a photo showing it (she was seen in person but was so afraid she wasn’t looking around). She had a tiny piece of shed stuck to the outside of her eyelid after her last shed and Im thinking its that.

I’m going to make an appointment to take her back. The poor thing is so terrified since the vet visit she squeaks when I try to pick her up. I’ve tried a meds dropper with water to drip over her eye, which terrifies her. I’ve bumped up misting, of course she runs for cover. Im thinking of removing her cover plant just long enough for me to do a super long mist session... so she cant really hide her eyes.

Any other suggestions for what I can safely do to assist her while we wait for vet? She tries to clean it and occasionally squints, so Im sure its bothering her. Has been like this for about 2 weeks or so. Saw some threads about flushing with saline... but are yall actually flushing it or just dropping it on the closed eye and hoping some gets in? I am really upset about stressing her so much, shes already very frightened of hands but the squeaking breaks my heart.

42A61FE9-7CD9-4026-9F0D-7AF0B074CE16.jpeg 941952C1-BFE1-45D1-8DF5-0696E69D4A9E.jpeg

In the second photo there seems to be something clearly in the eye perhaps and abscess. Is the vet reputable with reptiles and exotics?

Pull the plant, extra long misting session. If the issue looked like it was by the pupil id say give the saline a shot but I don't really see that being effective here...

Try to observe her during the misting, make sure her stroking her eye isn't getting more painful.

Will do. She doesn't itch it so much as she does the bubbly eye thing where she tries to move it around. When the vet looked at her, I think he was focusing on her pupil area. Understandable that he didn't see anything due to her behavior, but I'm a bit frustrated to head back as the vet is an hour away.

We have a vet appt Friday. I've given a few long mist sessions and Penne readily cleans her eyes. The bump has moved a bit, and it definitely looks like a lump of shed, but its still there. Doesn't seem to bother her much but she does try to remove it. Her other eye looks sunken in, and a bit puffy in the front corner. I think something is up with that eye, too. I am really stressing her out right now, and she's still p.o.'d about the last vet visit. Hoping that the vet can clean it out so I can give the poor thing some quiet time.

We have a vet appt Friday. I've given a few long mist sessions and Penne readily cleans her eyes. The bump has moved a bit, and it definitely looks like a lump of shed, but its still there. Doesn't seem to bother her much but she does try to remove it. Her other eye looks sunken in, and a bit puffy in the front corner. I think something is up with that eye, too. I am really stressing her out right now, and she's still p.o.'d about the last vet visit. Hoping that the vet can clean it out so I can give the poor thing some quiet time.
Poor thing ❤️Did she have a shed recently? I wonder if some how she got shed in it? Imelda had eye problems when I got her but the vet explained hers was from a lack of vitamins. Wte it is I hope Penelope does ok ❤️

Apollo had a fluid abscess because of a sinus infection once, but if it moves its probably not that.

Ill post updated pics when I get home. She did have a shed a few weeks ago where a tiny piece was stuck on her eyelid. I debated whether to interfere wth it but decided NOT to bother her due to the proximity to the eye. So I’m 99% convinced her right eye is shed thats gotten itself stuck in the corner of her eye. The other side? I have no idea. Maybe nothing... maybe due to her trying to clean them. It just doesn’t look right to me.

Again, I pointed all of this out at our last visit but the vet didnt see anything concerning. I think I have enough to show him at this point that the right eye is definitely affected.

Good call, it took 3 vets and a video to finally get a vet to confirm Imelda had something in her eye. Every other vet would tell me that’s how they clean there eyes like I was stupid. No fam I know what normal eye cleaning looks like.

anyways I hope home girl is ok and she continues to be her sexy trout self

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom