Flushing Eyes

snitz427

Chameleon Enthusiast
I do have another tree so maybe I’ll put that on wheels and roll it in front of her cage for meds. Its tricky getting drops in her tiny eyes, but at least they gave me a lot of drops :)

JoXie411

Chameleon Enthusiast
This sucks. Giving her drops every day is really stressing her out. Tomorrow makes 7 days on drops and 6 days of oral antibiotics and I dont really see much difference. Maybe a little less puffy.

@ferretinmyshoes had an old post that jacksjill posted earlier where they discussed eye flushing and nasal flushing. Both eyes now seem to be puffy with lumpiness in the corner of the eye. Now Im wondering if she needs a nasal flush vs an eye flush, or both. Blocked tear duct? Idk... but out of my group of 6, Penne is the one who I can see getting “stressed to death.” She’s so sweet, but so timid. So this has me really worried... not only about the eye but more so about all the stress on her.

I’ve been putting her on the free range after medicating her, which she really enjoys, but putting her on it and taking her off it are stressful, too. So I wonder if I am doing more harm than good.

Here are Penelope’s eyes today:
View attachment 258572View attachment 258573View attachment 258574View attachment 258575
Awww poor girl I hope she gets better :(

snitz427

Chameleon Enthusiast
Frustrated. Its now been two weeks and Ive not seen any improvement in penne’s eyes. I’ve found several old threads that seem to show a similar lump to Penne’s, all of which were shed or solidified buildup in the eyes.

Im reaching out to the vet for a 3rd visit. Penne gets so upset with me handling her for the drops. The trip to the vets will be very stressful as well.

I also ordered a case of sterile saline drops. My plan is to give her saline drops a few times a day in place of the antibiotics, along with 10-15 min showers daily, in hopes she will eventually work out the lump.

snitz427

Chameleon Enthusiast
@ferretinmyshoes if you see this (Im sure you get lots of messages!).... in the other threads Ive seen the keepers attempted to gently move the lump to the opening of the eye with a warm, damp qtip (after a long misting). Would you caution against this or recommend giving it a try? I do believe Ive seen it move slightly while she cleans her eyes... but have not attempted to assist other than the drops.

Top Bottom