Fluorescent fixture where to buy them?

DAD3886

im almost dont with my chams set up. today i'm going to go get a 24" reptisun bulb and i need to find a good(cheap) fixture that plugs in. Does lowes or home depot carry these at a decent price.thank you

I got a 48" one at lowes that goes across 2 cages and has a double tube, one for a 6500k plant bulb and one for the reptisun. It only cost $13.00. I don't know ifbthey carry them in other sizes. I am sure someone else will chime in here, good luck and I saw your cage, it is coming along nicely:)

Yes, both Lowes and Home Depot should have something rather cheap. Some(most) of the cheap ones need to be wired, so open the box to double check and see what you need. You should be able to find something wired though, I got one a while back pre-wired for $12 I believe.

awesome thank you all for your help and time.thanks for the cage comment ive been working for bout a week and ahalf on it.Well ill be going to lowes on my lunch break.

i bought a 24" fixture at Home Depot. Plug is wired and fixture has an on off switch, only problem is when i remove the defuser the light not only goes down but out the front also.

I use duel 48" fixtures on my cages (2 cages per fixture). One bulb is a reptisun 5.0 and the other is a 6500k. The Home Depots and Lowes by me don't carry a 24" duel fixture. They have a 24" single bulb fixture for under cabinet lighting but you will need to remove the plastic covering the bulb. Also they do not carry 24" 6500 bulbs so if you need one of those it will cost you more and you'll have to track one down at a fish store or online I assume. I know all this because I want one too.:) Right now I'm using the dreaded spiral bulb. :D

I can tell you that if you have live plants and need more light the 6500k bulbs are great. My plants grow really fast with them.

went to lowes with no luck....man idk where to go now. they had the 24" in undercabinet one mentioned above but it said it was only 22 1/2 at my store and i didnt know what size light would fit that or if they make one that size and then they had the dual 48" in one but it had to be wired into the house..

That's a bummer the dual one I got there was already wired. It was the hanging kind in the aquarium lighting section. Good luck on your search

how do the light sizes work for some reason prob user error but i cant from a sizing chart for the reptisun bulbs.... my cage is 22x18x4ft so i was thinking a 36" fixture and light would work but we will see..

Back
Top Bottom