Flowering Plants?

m1ndless

I am wondering what would be a good colorful flowering plant that I could use in my enclosure?

I know hisbuscis has floweres, but arent those hard to bloom with only the ubv light alone? I have an extra regular 24" flourescent bulb from my fish tank I could use if that would help?

I use a 18" grow florescent I got from Walmart in addition to everything else of course. It seems to help out a lot but I've had since I've had plants in the cage. The hibiscus in there is about to have another bloom open up but the bud was there when I bought it, two weeks ago. So I don't know yet how much it will help to grow new buds over time.

So how often does it bloom? Say I was to just have one real plant in the enclosure, would a hibiscus be the best?

they also have tuns of differant color blooms purple yellow red etc and they are 100% edible so if you can find them they are the way to go

uyou might find some at walmart but they are not doin plants now home depot i doubt i got them cheap from produce junction

Home Depot has a big selection right now. Depending on what vendor they get them from they charge you different prices in the 1 gallon size. The more expensive brand is almost $7.00.

Home Depot has a big selection right now. Depending on what vendor they get them from they charge you different prices in the 1 gallon size. The more expensive brand is almost $7.00.

That's not bad, I paid more than that for my shcleffera with my last veiled that passed.

I am going to HD now thanks guys.

mindless im also in arizona. right now home depot and lowes, they are both replacing indoor garden areas for christmas trees/supplies and such, their supplies for plants you want will be small.

as i said in another thread. depending were you live, the frys food and drugs in teh floral section will occasionally have 4' ficuses,

it took me a while to finally find a lowes with a really nice schefflera. don't mistake them for money plants wich they are almost garunteed to have.

mindless im also in arizona. right now home depot and lowes, they are both replacing indoor garden areas for christmas trees/supplies and such, their supplies for plants you want will be small.

as i said in another thread. depending were you live, the frys food and drugs in teh floral section will occasionally have 4' ficuses,

it took me a while to finally find a lowes with a really nice schefflera. don't mistake them for money plants wich they are almost garunteed to have.

I will check out frys today, but a 4' would not fit in my 3.5' cage so I will need to see what I can find.

The dimensions of my enclosure are 42"H X 36"W X 24"Depth

well, there is a few nurseries in phoenix depending on your location, there are several on like 30th street southern.

Uh you can stll check homedepot, but its not very often they have small ficuses and if they do, they don't go over 18"-24"s.. and arn't really trees but hmmm more like small bushes.

i got my 4' ficus in a 12" potter so its raising it a few inches,

I would like to add that you should really look at hanging vine plants before purchase. You can find awesome pothos at Lowes in hanging baskets with 6 feet long vines sometimes for about $10 but sometimes they have Brazilian philodendrons instead of pothos. Philodendron is toxic. Look at some good photos of plants before you go and buy- some look like others and are toxic and oftentimes, stores don't have labels on the plants.

yah they usually always have pothos, and depending on the week some can be HUGE and some small. about 12.99.

Can I hang a pothos from the top or like make a small shelf for it in the enclosure? I was worried it would not provide enough cover for the cham?

I was thinking of using a small ficus or hibiscus, and then use a small pothos as well for additional vines? I think two plants would be best, plus I have tons of bio vines, branches and sticks and lots of stuff for the enclosure.

I had a schledlera in my last enclosure, I liked the plant alot, I might use that again.

I just started building the frame today for my new enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom