Florida keepers- Upper and lower area

opihiman

Aloha

I was just curious how you all were doing with the recent cold weather that has dropped into your are?

What have the temp been like in your area and what have you been doing with your chams?

Good luck this weekend too.

OPI

The cold weather is actually nice for a change. I'm here in central, central FL (Lake Wales) and the past few nights is has been below freezing (in the 20's) with ice on the windshield in the morning...and then increases to the mid to high 50's to 60's during the day. What's it like in HI? Must be nice!
All of the plants came in last week for the cold front, the heat has been periodically turned on and off, and some of the chams seem to not have as much of an appetite. They all typically stay inside any ways though ;)

I am not a breeder but it got down to 29 where I am last night. That is really cold for us. I turned the heater up and we were all pretty comfy. I checked Brody a couple of times to make sure she didnt get too cold next to the window but she seemed fine. :)

Thanks for asking!

my guys live in the garage( i like to call it my reptile room,), not much temp change in there, although at night it got into the 60's in there, it didnt really bother them.

You will all probably laugh at us here.

But we have a recent cold snap...upper 50's at night and lower 80s in the day. Relatively speaking we are freezing down hear ( like I said you would all laugh). Chams have been out side without any signs of problems...

OPI

Mine are in my computer room, so weather doesn't affect them except for lack of outdoor time these last couple of weekends. I think it affects me more since I haven't used my 2 wheel therapy in over a week.

I have been more concerned for my eggs rather then my chams. Veileds are fairly hearty..the house temp was 62 one morning.. I turned on their basking lights and they were happy. Their patio windows get a lot of sun so the reptile room stays pretty warm once the sun comes up.

I turned up the heat to keep the eggs warm.....LOL

Freezing here! Chams are all inside-the Oustalets and their big cages are usually on the lanai and are currently sitting on my family room floor!

I had meant to ask how you all are doing before the first front came down on you all. Then like every other time, things just come up and well...now another clipper is on it's way

Good luck every one

OPI

Me and Fred are on strike! We're moving to Florida, we hear its warm there? oh wait... I am in Florida, yup.. on strike, not getting out from under the covers, Freds fine, he's inside and since I'm his keeper, he has to go on strike too!!LOL! It was 17 here Weds. night and 38 last night!! Wish I was in Hawaii- wanna trade?

Ours is in the reptile room as well so no problems here. I suspect that people who have small collections have brought theirs into the garage or house. And those who keep theirs in greenhouses have some means of heating the house.

My poor guy has been living indoors the last couple of days. I try to give him at least a few hours outside (like noon - 3) each day though. A few days ago windchill had us in the teens here in Orlando! Even inside my apartment it's ~55 degrees when I wake up =(. Zenyx is not happy about it at all!

You will all probably laugh at us here.

But we have a recent cold snap...upper 50's at night and lower 80s in the day. Relatively speaking we are freezing down hear ( like I said you would all laugh). Chams have been out side without any signs of problems...

OPI

I am coming there to set up a verizon wireless store in honolulu. Hope the spelling is right.

Back
Top Bottom