Flooding plants

Mortyrose

Hey guys,

I'm trying to finalize my drip system in my tank. Right now there are 5 lines running to various places in the tank and I have them set to drop about 1 drop per second. I've only been filling the bucket (zoo med big dripper) up about 2/3 of the way and it will drop for 4ish hours. Each of the lines is over one of my live plants. My issue is all the excess water. I have the plants sitting in tubs with rock to let the water drain out, but the containers are getting super full. I dont want to flood out the plants.

Would the cham be okay if I run the dripper for a shorter amount of time? Maybe do shorter but more often? I still plan to do a full tank spray down at least twice a day.

I can't drill out the bottom of the tank to put in a drainage that way, so I'm kind of stuck keeping everything in tank.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20181012_100813.jpg
    20181012_100813.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 20181012_100908.jpg
    20181012_100908.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 87
Drill holes in the bottom of the containers. The rocks allow the water to pass through, but the water needs somewhere to go or else it'll build up.

Drill holes in the bottom of the containers. The rocks allow the water to pass through, but the water needs somewhere to go or else it'll build up.

Right, but then I'll have water all over the bottom of the enclosure, which I have no way to drain out.

I guess my question is, how long/ frequently will my cham need the drip system running each day?

Right, but then I'll have water all over the bottom of the enclosure, which I have no way to drain out.

I guess my question is, how long/ frequently will my cham need the drip system running each day?
Are you misting? Make/get a drainage system for the water to drain to. Maybe take some dripper tubing, make a hole slighter smaller than the tubing in the bottom of the pots and bottom of the cage, attach the tubing, and lead it to a bucket underneath the cage.

Why not reduce the drip rate from 1per second to something around 1 every 5 seconds? The plants get the same amount of water, the Cham has access to the drops over a longer time period, sounds line a win/win to me...

Why not reduce the drip rate from 1per second to something around 1 every 5 seconds? The plants get the same amount of water, the Cham has access to the drops over a longer time period, sounds line a win/win to me...

That's what I was wondering. Thanks. It seems like the standard/required rate is one drop per second, so I wasn't sure if it would be okay to do it slower. I'll try that once the plants dry out a little.

Back
Top Bottom