Flightless Fruit-flies

xVashtaNeradax

I was wondering if anyone can explain to me how you go about feeding a panther chameleon baby this feeder without it turning into a possible disaster. Anytime I've seen fruit-flies at my local petco they are in a capped tube with what appears to be mesh inside of it. Whether or no these are "flightless" I could not tell you as of right now, I have never really looked that closely at them before now. That being said, at the risk of sounding completely dumb, my questions are:

1. How do you go about regulating how many are released into the enclosure at any given feeding time?

2. How do you prevent their escape from said enclosure? They look small enough to fit through the spaces that make up the screen.

3. Do you some how hang the tube in the enclosure or do you simply open it and "tap" the desired amount out onto a plant's leaf? (sorta goes in hand with #1, I guess)

I know I am probably making this too complicated but I don't want to risk the chance of getting "overrun". Thanks so much for your help guys, I appreciate your advice :)

-Vash

same here i just would knock them all to the bottom of the container then shake out a few onto a leafe for my guy to hunt, i figure they were small enough that some may have escaped but i never saw any out soo....

Awesome, thanks guys for your replies. I can't wait to see if my guy takes to them :).

- Vash

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom