flexarium cage

hamley88

thinking of getting one of these. where can i put the uv light inside or outside the cage, would it go though mesh??

thinking of getting one of these. where can i put the uv light inside or outside the cage, would it go though mesh??

It will penetrate the mesh yes. It'll be slightly reduced but not a HUGE deal.. I would not recommend puttinf them inside. To easy to cause a burn

as for the basking light dome, could i put this sitting on the mesh or would i need to put it say 6" above the mesh?

We have planks of wood across the top of our mesh and the dome lamp rests on that. If you put the lamp right on top it might melt the mesh (if it's cloth) or cause it to heat up so if your chameleon touches it might get a burn.

I don't have a pic at the moment but my linear UVB sits on my mesh and my heat light dome I have a. Hook in my ceiling with a chain and my dish Is hung from that 3 or 4 inches above my mesh basking stick Is 6 inches below top of cage

thats a good idea. does your uv light sit on the mesh (cloth) or have you got a hood, or reflector?

Keep the lights outside. An option to combat the reduced UVB is to get an 8.0 or a 10.0 instead of a 5.0. As for the basking bulb, if the wattage isn't too low you can probably keep it on the mesh, but some higher wattage bulbs will burn the mesh.

Back
Top Bottom