Flchams

VanessaRose

I’ve been researching good Cham breeders and everyone said they loved flchams. I went on and fell in love with their chams. I have emailed them and messaged them on fb days ago and have not gotten any replies. Is this usual for them? I just had questions about their chams before purchasing, but if they are not reliable in answering I don’t know if I should reconsider breeders.

I cannot speak from personal experience but a member on the forums @Matt Vanilla Gorilla may be able to give you some useful info. He has some absolutely beautiful chameleons and has been given high praise across the forum. Another that I know of is kammerflage a well known panther breeder. Id go with your gut. Definitely doesn't hurt to speak with someone who knows the feeding and husbandry that the animal is currently receiving be. get all the info about the Lil one your thinking about bringing home.

This seems to be a common complaint about flchams though I've never used them personally. They seem to be the only good place to find veileds though, if that's what you're looking for.

Thank you everyone! I just want to make sure I have a breeder to communicate with in case I have any questions about my new baby Cham!

Hi Vanessa,
I also have a veiled chameleon I bought from Mike at FLChams. I called and I also texted back and forth with him on several occasions. I know several people have had a hard time communicating with him. I personally didn't have that experience. He was good to me and my boy arrived to me on December 12th 2018. He is a healthy growing albeit grumpy veiled boy that is approximately 5 months old now. The only things I wish were different with my experience with FLChams are that I wish I had a hatch date range for a more accurate way to guess his age, and I wish he had his chams used to being handled from early on... I will say that I plan to look into @Matt Vanilla Gorilla's panthers when my 21 year old moves out this summer and I have a dedicated reptile room. I like what I've seen from Matt's babies and how they are loved and cared for..most of them seem like they don't have issues being handled once in a while. I like that.
Don't get me wrong, I love my grumpy boy...I just hope I can get him to somewhat trust me so I can get him out of his habitat once in a while for a deep clean instead of only spot cleanings all the time. My boy judges me daily. LoL
IMG_20190206_200812_908.jpg

If possible, get in touch with a local or semi-local breeder. Check out your local reptile show vendors to find them. My advice would be to find a breeder who can mentor you before getting the chameleon, if it is your first. It's so much better when the seller is someone who cares where their chameleon is going and how it will be cared for.

Hi Vanessa,
I also have a veiled chameleon I bought from Mike at FLChams. I called and I also texted back and forth with him on several occasions. I know several people have had a hard time communicating with him. I personally didn't have that experience. He was good to me and my boy arrived to me on December 12th 2018. He is a healthy growing albeit grumpy veiled boy that is approximately 5 months old now. The only things I wish were different with my experience with FLChams are that I wish I had a hatch date range for a more accurate way to guess his age, and I wish he had his chams used to being handled from early on... I will say that I plan to look into @Matt Vanilla Gorilla's panthers when my 21 year old moves out this summer and I have a dedicated reptile room. I like what I've seen from Matt's babies and how they are loved and cared for..most of them seem like they don't have issues being handled once in a while. I like that.
Don't get me wrong, I love my grumpy boy...I just hope I can get him to somewhat trust me so I can get him out of his habitat once in a while for a deep clean instead of only spot cleanings all the time. My boy judges me daily. LoLView attachment 223633
Thank you so much. That is something I’m glad you told me because I would like to hold mine every now and then. I did not know that FLcams did not handle them at a young age. I have also heard that Matt has beautiful chams so I will have to check into him too!

Thank you so much. That is something I’m glad you told me because I would like to hold mine every now and then. I did not know that FLcams did not handle them at a young age. I have also heard that Matt has beautiful chams so I will have to check into him too!
Mike himself told me after I had recieved my boy, that he doesn't handle his baby chams at all. I wish I'd known that beforehand. I don't regret my boy, but that might have made me buy a veiled elsewhere if I knew that ahead of time.

Back
Top Bottom