Flchams

Mike himself told me after I had recieved my boy, that he doesn't handle his baby chams at all. I wish I'd known that beforehand. I don't regret my boy, but that might have made me buy a veiled elsewhere if I knew that ahead of time.
I’ve looked all over for veileds and o love his designer veileds. I don’t see beautiful ones like that anywhere else and everyone says that their chams come in great condition which is what is most important to me. My Cham will just eventually have to get used to me cleaning his cage!

I’ve looked all over for veileds and o love his designer veileds. I don’t see beautiful ones like that anywhere else and everyone says that their chams come in great condition which is what is most important to me. My Cham will just eventually have to get used to me cleaning his cage!
My boy came from the Newton bloodline! And yes...he takes great care of his chams. My boy is a healthy boy and growing like crazy! He just thinks I'm annoying. LoL
Mike just doesn't handle the chams at all.

Not handling the chams for their first couple months of age shouldn't impact their personality that much, if at all. If you work at it, you'll be fine. Some chams, no matter what, just don't take to it though, while others become friendly almost immediately.

Not handling the chams for their first couple months of age shouldn't impact their personality that much, if at all. If you work at it, you'll be fine. Some chams, no matter what, just don't take to it though, while others become friendly almost immediately.
My boy is antisocial AF. From the moment I got him, he would run away from my hands even though I'm trying to offer him a super worm or horn worm, which are his favorite treats. (still does run from me) he hides while I clean his enclosure and generally wants nothing to do with me so far. I keep trying because I want him to at least learn to semi-trust that I'm not going to hurt him. Granted, I've only had him slightly over 2 months...I'm hoping he will come around at some point.

Yes I hope if I just work with him every now and then he will at least not be aggressive about it
So far, my boy hasn't been aggressive at all...just elusive and hidey..I don't chase him down or try to force him out at all. I just stand really still with a feeder in my hand for about 10 minutes..he runs off to hide and won't come back out until I shut his enclosure again.

My boy is antisocial AF. From the moment I got him, he would run away from my hands even though I'm trying to offer him a super worm or horn worm, which are his favorite treats. (still does run from me) he hides while I clean his enclosure and generally wants nothing to do with me so far. I keep trying because I want him to at least learn to semi-trust that I'm not going to hurt him. Granted, I've only had him slightly over 2 months...I'm hoping he will come around at some point.
Well at least he runs from you. In my book that's a plus. I have a Male I hatched over a yr ago. Handle him since he was days old up until about 5 months then he became a ass****. Now when I go into his cage to clean he comes charging at me like a dog.he literally guards the door of his cage. I kid you not.His dad is nice as can be. His mom is tolerant of people .With that being said you just dont know with veiled. Never thought a cham can actually look mean but he does. But I love him just the same. Good luck. Hope he comes around

Attachments

• 20181021_124835.jpg
    20181021_124835.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 91
Back
Top Bottom