Flap neck cham.

medicmike

Question,
I have 2 flap neck chameleions a male and female I was wanting to breed, however I am not sure when there breeding season is. :confused: I have observed the male attempting to mate and the female rejecting him several times, :eek: I have recently read that they are a solitary species and that this can stress my female too much. she has changed from green to a dark color with orange spots that I read could be either stress or receptive to breeding, I think it's stress. Any help would be apreciated. thanks,
Mike:D

yes I also separate males and female . even if people say they can live together . if she is dark then take her out of the hers and the male sight . most of africa has more than one seasons that they can breed in . just get her health and not stressed out . then show her to the male again . if she gets darker, then take her out . most female chams get lighter and pretty when they wanted to breed . sometimes they well look normal (female) and then you show them to a male and turn real nice looking . carpets well really put on color show . good luck jeremy elder

I'm not sure...but I think the dark background color would mean she is either non-receptive or already gravid.Are you sure there was no mating?

Do you keep them in the same cage or separate cages?

I'm not sure...but I think the dark background color would mean she is either non-receptive or already gravid.Are you sure there was no mating?

Do you keep them in the same cage or separate cages?
I have only had them togather for 2 days there were plenty of attempts by male but she wasn't interested. as soon as I can get another cage I will seperate them, I was just wondering when a good time to put them togather was. I took her out for about ten min. to make sure he haden't hurt her and she turned back to green but retained her orange spots.

If you look at chameleon species that will cohabitate well, flapnecks are right at the very bottom of the list. They don't tolerate each other's company well at all. If the female is rejecting your male, I would remove him ASAP. The stress from cohabitation will kill one or the other.

Heika

Back
Top Bottom