Flap neck cham

Tashekietzmann

Hi please help, i have a flap neck but he's asleep the whole time. Tride giving it water but not keen. Got it yesterday does not know its sex. But does not look well, i am in SA so temp will be right no matter where... any help please.

I understand from the other place you were asking for help you caught it in the wild. I'm sure it is very stressed out. You will need to give it a lot of care to keep it.
It will need lighting to provide UVB like sunlight if you keep it indoors. It will need misting to keep up the humidity if indoors. It will need its cage to have lots of plants to hide in. It will be very important because wild caught animals are very afraid.

Last edited:
I would avoid handling it so you don't stress it out. What does it's cage look like?
I doubt it will eat right away in captivity.

But why would it sleep the whole time? Cage is frame with net over as it comes from just outside. I also had it outside in a littel tree

Hi please help, i have a flap neck but he's asleep the whole time. Tride giving it water but not keen. Got it yesterday does not know its sex. But does not look well, i am in SA so temp will be right no matter where... any help please.
Ok first things first. Pictures of set up. Sense you ave only had it a day that probably isn't the issue but may help with your chameleon in the long run. But we need pictures of your chameleon.

Ok first things first. Pictures of set up. Sense you ave only had it a day that probably isn't the issue but may help with your chameleon in the long run. But we need pictures of your chameleon.
Had one a few years ago thats why i wonder because it sould not sleep as mu
20170414_121030.jpg
ch

Ok now we are workin here. Ok so not sure if its male or female i can't see the feet properly but looks like female to me. She is very dehydrated. Other than looking at the eyes you can tell by the flaps on their neck. Hers look look shrunken and you can barley tell she has any flaps at all. Now she looks like a WC so your gonna need to get her treated for parasites. However it does look like she may be pregnant as well. Although I haven't heard of pregnant females sleeping doing the day so i would say we are looking for another problem here.

I don't see anything on the outside that is making her this way. Which means its internal. I really hate telling people this but she needs meds from a vet but before that she needs to be hydrated. Put her in the shower on a plant and watch her to see if she drinks.

How to rehydrate in the Shower - Another method of providing water, especially to dehydrated chameleons, is by using a shower. Place a large plant in the tub, aim the shower head against the wall, and run the water so that only a fine mist reaches the chameleon. The water should be room temperature (not hot!). They may drink for up to 30 minutes. Make sure to supervise your chameleon at all times while using this method.

Ok now we are workin here. Ok so not sure if its male or female i can't see the feet properly but looks like female to me. She is very dehydrated. Other than looking at the eyes you can tell by the flaps on their neck. Hers look look shrunken and you can barley tell she has any flaps at all. Now she looks like a WC so your gonna need to get her treated for parasites. However it does look like she may be pregnant as well. Although I haven't heard of pregnant females sleeping doing the day so i would say we are looking for another problem here.[/QUOTE
Did speak to my vet now and he said i sould start giving her water and then we will see
20170413_114508.jpg

Ok now we are workin here. Ok so not sure if its male or female i can't see the feet properly but looks like female to me. She is very dehydrated. Other than looking at the eyes you can tell by the flaps on their neck. Hers look look shrunken and you can barley tell she has any flaps at all. Now she looks like a WC so your gonna need to get her treated for parasites. However it does look like she may be pregnant as well. Although I haven't heard of pregnant females sleeping doing the day so i would say we are looking for another problem here.
Had a chat to the vet he said that i should just start giving water and she she gets beter we will work on it
20170413_114508.jpg

Back
Top Bottom