First vet visit

Peeps101

Established Member
Silly’s first vet visit went pretty good today :) Other than the fact that he wouldn’t go into the temporary box during the car drive and instead scratched all over my face even when we went inside :) . The vet specializes in exotics and it was a 5 minute drive. He said Silly is very healthy. I found out he weighs 50 grams (he is 7months old), and the only other advise he had was a glass cage instead of the screen one I have now? For better humidity..? Anyone know any cheap places to buy a glass tank lol. I guess now I can use the screen cage to keep outside since it’s getting warmer.
F7B3191D-34DF-4DD0-88B1-F091036D631B.png

Glad to hear he is doing good. As for him recommending a glass enclosure they can work if setup properly but I’d rather prefer a screen cage with the option of being able to take and put up sides of Corrugated plastic, shower curtains or any plastic material that’s water proof. I used clear plastic vinyl for visibility purposes and Velcro for easy on and take off.

Glad to hear he is doing good. As for him recommending a glass enclosure they can work if setup properly but I’d rather prefer a screen cage with the option of being able to take and put up sides of Corrugated plastic, shower curtains or any plastic material that’s water proof. I used clear plastic vinyl for visibility purposes and Velcro for easy on and take off.
Know anyplace I can look for those types of enclosures?

HMMM as already stated I would stick with the screen enclosure and cover the sides and back with a vinyl shower curtain. Use magnets or Velcro to secure it. You can achieve the proper humidity with your misting, live plants, and the vinyl covering.

What is your humidity now in the screen cage? If your able to put up 1-2 sides of plastic I’m sure that will help with humidity and it’s nice because you can easily take it off if it’s staying too humid and increase ventilation a glass tank can’t do that. Glass seems like it would be too humid but some people do have glass setups that work.

What is your humidity now in the screen cage? If your able to put up 1-2 sides of plastic I’m sure that will help with humidity and it’s nice because you can easily take it off if it’s staying too humid and increase ventilation a glass tank can’t do that. Glass seems like it would be too humid but some people do have glass setups that work.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking. Don’t wanna go and buy a whole new enclosure... the humidity is fine, I’ve also got live plants to help with it, and he enjoys basking a lot, but whenever I see him gape I mist it more

HMMM as already stated I would stick with the screen enclosure and cover the sides and back with a vinyl shower curtain. Use magnets or Velcro to secure it. You can achieve the proper humidity with your misting, live plants, and the vinyl covering.
Wayyy better idea than buying another cage lol. Know where I can buy this plastic wall-stuff?

I bought my clear plastic vinyl at Walmart in the arts and crafts section. It was 2.47$ per yard to get cut.

Back
Top Bottom