first time panther home setup!

Joshsils

Hi all,

I've recently joined the forum as i'm picking up my first chameleon (blue bar ambilobe) in around 3 weeks from now. I have been setting up his home for the last few weeks in preparation, I was hoping that you could have a quick look at the set up, an criticise where its needed!
Don't hold back :) i want it to be perfect..

anyway my current spec list is as follows...
- 48x24x24 Repti-breeze
- Mujichameleon drainage base
- 3 sides wrapped
- Mistking misting system
- dripper
- small basking reflector
- dimming thermostat
- Arcadia T5 canopy
- various vines
- large umbrella plant
- 2x dual thermo/hyrdo sensors

some pictures..

obviously needs some general tidying up, but hope its somewhere close :)

Josh.

You did a GREAT job. One of the better first set ups i've seen.

Thanks for doing your research and getting it set up weeks in advance. thats exactly how it should be.

You did a GREAT job. One of the better first set ups i've seen.

Thanks for doing your research and getting it set up weeks in advance. thats exactly how it should be.

I agree!

The setup is attractive and accurate.

You should be proud. Someone did their research. Someone give this guy a good job sticker :p

Looks great!! Very nice setup for your soon to be new little one. Now the wait! Haha! Can't wait for updates! :)

Thank you very much for your kind comments!

I wanted it set up sooner rather than later as im trying to get the heat/humidity level perfect.

Yes the wait is definitely the worst bit :) I actually met with the breeder around 2 months ago now when the babies were about 2 weeks old.. so its been a very long, exciting wait!

this was how big they were!

Thank you very much for your kind comments!

I wanted it set up sooner rather than later as im trying to get the heat/humidity level perfect.

Yes the wait is definitely the worst bit :) I actually met with the breeder around 2 months ago now when the babies were about 2 weeks old.. so its been a very long, exciting wait!

this was how big they were!

How adorable! Your baby is going to be happy. :)

Dawww!! Sooo teeny!! Hahaha! Yeah the wait is total torture. They day of is probably the most exciting day ever though!! Lmao! :p

Dawww!! Sooo teeny!! Hahaha! Yeah the wait is total torture. They day of is probably the most exciting day ever though!! Lmao! :p

I remember the wait before I was picking up my beardy, that was bad! luckily i have a holiday between now an the pickup day to distract me slightly! :)

Very impressive for a first set-up! Certainly you have done an excellent amount of research and CERTAINLY you will take MANY photos and update us on your new little one as they grow up....right?! :)

Thankyou for such a kind response's!

I couldn't bare to be panicking once i pick up little'un because i'd forgot to get something!

I will of course be updating with many photo's :)

Last edited:
Hahaha hero cookie!!! I'm stealing this! Just sayin'. :p Totally agree though. It's so nice to see such impressive preparation.

Hahaha steal away. I lo e that saying use it all the time makes sure people k ow they did real good when they get one:D

Back
Top Bottom