First question here!!

I love this hahah!! I’d be honored if mine stalked me, all I want her to do is love me as much as I love her :ROFLMAO: maybe soon I can try the two hands feeding and see if she will step on me!
You say this now... But when your watching tv and they crawl down the side of the cage and tap on the front trying to get your attention it is a whole new world lol. My boy is much different then most though. But I have warned you lol.

You say this now... But when your watching tv and they crawl down the side of the cage and tap on the front trying to get your attention it is a whole new world lol. My boy is much different then most though. But I have warned you lol.
Both phoeb’s and septiseye are the same , Little stockers . Phoebe has to be on me if a hand is anyplace near her bam . We hand mist and use the automatic mister . Bam on the mister to get on the hand . Soon as she sees us she’s hanging of her door or screen what ever side we are on . Septiseye loves to visit but has to make his rounds :love: . We call phoebe and septiseye the therapy Chameleon.

Know I want all to understand I’m not promoting handling . One needs to completely understand their chameleon , their has to be that trust . Every chameleon has its own personality , and tolerations .

Both phoeb’s and septiseye are the same , Little stockers . Phoebe has to be on me if a hand is anyplace near her bam . We hand most and us the automatic mister . Bam on the mister to get on the hand . Soon as she sees us she’s hanging of her door or screen what ever side we are on . Septiseye loves to visit but has to make his rounds :love: . We call phoebe and septiseye the therapy Chameleon.

Know I want all to understand I’m not promoting handling . One needs to completely understand their chameleon , their has to be that trust . Every chameleon has its own personality , and tolerations .
Yep exactly. Beman will go into a funk if he does not get time outside his cage. He spent 9 days in it and I would not touch him with what I had going on... He started going to bed even earlier and constantly paced non stop during the day. He is much more calm and settled when he does get out for sun with me or if I take him out for a bit when I am on my computer. But like you said the key here is knowing your cham and fully understanding them plus having their trust.

Yep exactly. Beman will go into a funk if he does not get time outside his cage. He spent 9 days in it and I would not touch him with what I had going on... He started going to bed even earlier and constantly paced non stop during the day. He is much more calm and settled when he does get out for sun with me or if I take him out for a bit when I am on my computer. But like you said the key here is knowing your cham and fully understanding them plus having their trust.
Completely agreed phoeb’s and septiseye come everywhere with me . Where wasabi and Clelia will come out but it has to be on their terms . They only like certain areas and certain trees . Now France’s if one wanted eyes then best leave her be lol in fact one should not look at her either unless you want the finger :rolleyes: .

Bare bottom with chameleon safe live plants works. Also need plenty of branches of different sizes meandering through the enclosure that give your chameleon the ability to bask at the top and sleep under cover. Arcadia t5 D3 12% strip light and Incandescent bulbs for heat. The lights are on a 12 hour timer cycle. I use a vinegar and water 1:10 ratio to clean 2x monthly. I dust Reptivite W/O D3 2x monthly and Rep-Cal with D3 2x monthly. I dust all other feedings with Sticky Tongue Farms Miner-all w/o D3. Crickets are his staple diet with super worms as a treat. Get an auto-mister when you can. I have a Climist on a timer 4x daily spraying 2min. This entices drinking the droplets on the leaves. I manually mist on occasion using RO/DI water. My cage is 2x2x4. These are the care directions I was given when I got Sherman they work for me.

Crickets are easy to keep in a 5.5 gallon aquarium with a screen top. I gut load with Joshs Frogs grains and organic vegetables such as carrots and kale. I use gel without supplements to keep them hydrated.

Attachments

• 9A682E0B-7CE0-432C-B682-8F7D8E8437DC.jpeg
    9A682E0B-7CE0-432C-B682-8F7D8E8437DC.jpeg
    239.7 KB · Views: 83
Once I get moved I will have to do a video so you can see how goofy my boy is when he sees me. I’m telling ya he has to be a dog in a Cham body lol
YES please do! Also this is far in advance but I want to be prepared- the first time I get bingo out (willingly of course) where should I bring her? Or should I just sit with her where I am?

YES please do! Also this is far in advance but I want to be prepared- the first time I get bingo out (willingly of course) where should I bring her? Or should I just sit with her where I am?
Sit there exactly where you were and just let her get comfortable with your hand... Once she is comfortable with your hand and this may take a few weeks then you can try walking across the room to a plant. Place her there. Make that your routine for a few weeks. Then you can try outside. This shows her your safe. Building the trust slowly will ensure she does not lose trust with you by moving to quickly.

Sit there exactly where you were and just let her get comfortable with your hand... Once she is comfortable with your hand and this may take a few weeks then you can try walking across the room to a plant. Place her there. Make that your routine for a few weeks. Then you can try outside. This shows her your safe. Building the trust slowly will ensure she does not lose trust with you by moving to quickly.
Okay that’s real smart. I’ll have to get another plant for my room for her!

Back
Top Bottom