first loss

Shawntea

well after having my pygmies since early june I have had my first loss. A wild caught Temporalis female. I found her clutch on the 25th of July, but she started laying a few days prior. At first she appeared to be doing well, but 2 days ago I noticed she was looking a bit dehydrated. A few warmish showers and upping calcium was not enough. I am glad I have her clutch, and hopefully they are fertile. I actually had her in my hand when she opened her one eye and took her last breath. Having wild caught is such a shot in the dark!

Sorry to hear it. Must have been so hard that she died in your hands but at least she wasn't all alone at the bottom of her cage which sadly seems to happen from what I seen on here. She left you some babies behind.. nice gift from her. Best of luck w/ the babes and sooo hoping for you that they are fertile... fingers crossed. So sorry for your loss!

Losing one is awful, I am sorry she is gone. Show us pictures of the babies she left you when they hatch. She will live on in them.

Awww I am so sorry. But like everyone else is saying, atleast the babies will live on with her legacy!

she will rest peacefully knowing someones their to care for her little darlings. they will always be fed and taken care of.

Back
Top Bottom