First hatchling is...TWINS???

Django

Hi, I have a clutch of veilds hatching - and the first egg had two in it? Anyone ever heard of this?? Both are fine - but very small!

Very cool! I had two sets of twins hatch out of the same clutch of panthers back in the early 90's (and as far as I know what was published about them was the first about twin chameleons.) Unfortunately none of them survived more than about a week as they were very small and drank but never fed. Hopefully you'll have better luck with yours. Post some pics! :D

Here's another thread: https://www.chameleonforums.com/twin-chameleons-4989/

Pictures

IMG_0065.jpg

Not sure if I'm doing this right (attaching the picture?).

This picture was taken after I removed the egg. The baby on the left was emerged but had not moved for a long time...it seemed dead. I 'helped' by sliding the egg of the rest of the way (to reveal baby #2). This picture was taken about 20 min. later. It's not a very good one - but you can still see the yolk. (It's hard to focus so close up - I actually went out and bought a better camera after I took the first few photos!)

Anyone got any tips on uploading photos?? I have more.

Twin Comparison

twin comparison.jpg

Here is a comparison photo of the twins with another sibling from the same clutch. The size difference is huge. I hope they survive - they seem to be eating and such...very active....but so small!

OH!! :eek:Congratulations, that is so amazing! I'll bet you're proud!:D I hope they do well! Good luck.
You may have to separate them from the rest if they aren't getting enough food...

make sure to keep them in seprate enclosures from the others because they are small and the others are alot bigger and will be stronger and usually pick on the smallers ones by eating everything in sight lol so just keep em seprate until bigger or to just see if they are actual twins when older that would be some good info

I second Kent's question, how are they doing?? And I agree, definitely keep them separate from the others! What a cool thing to watch!

Back
Top Bottom