First colors

m1les

What are the different first colors that a chameleon could show going from a baby to juvenile? I assume it's different for every species. Nosy bes will obviously show blue and ambilobes will mostly show green, but is it possible for a chameleons first color to be different. Like an ambilobe could show red first or something. Just curious

I can’t speak to what’s “normal”, but beyond green/white/black/brown, my guy started showing little bits of teal first. Really bright, too! At 5 mo, he’s also got some oranges, lime green, a tiny bit of yellow, and hints of red. Most of the time he’s green with reddish limbs and tail. He’s an ambilobe RBBB, if that helps. It’s fun watching their colors come in :)

I can’t speak to what’s “normal”, but beyond green/white/black/brown, my guy started showing little bits of teal first. Really bright, too! At 5 mo, he’s also got some oranges, lime green, a tiny bit of yellow, and hints of red. Most of the time he’s green with reddish limbs and tail. He’s an ambilobe RBBB, if that helps. It’s fun watching their colors come in :)
I imagine it would be. Waking up and going to see if there are any new hints of color on your cham:)

Back
Top Bottom