First clutch, are they fertile?

jamiesname

Hello everyone.

I'm a newbie at this, but I believe I have successfully bred my pair of Panthers for the first time. I've hard a hard time finding pics of infertile eggs, so there's this thought in the back of my mind that is telling me that it may be possible that these eggs are infertile, even though they are pure white in color. Does anyone happen to have a pic of an infertile chameleon egg, or could they give a good description of the coloration; do they look like 'slugs' from snakes?

Thanks for the help.

Be careful not to move the egg much - be very gentle.
Put them in damp vermiculite spaced apart to accomodate growth within a container with small air holes.
Place in an incubator or in a closet depending on where you live. I live in Canada so incubators are probably better, especially in the cold months.
Wait .. check every now and then. If they are infertile or no good, they will turn brownish.

Pic of my first clutch

Here is a picture of the first clutch of eggs, they're a couple weeks old and still a nice bright white color. There is a little bit of perilite with the vermilicite and the eggs are the same exact color as the perilite - just to have something to compare to since the lighting in the pic isn't too great. If I had to guess, they're 100% grade A and can expect around 25 baby panthers in 6-9 months, but as stated above, I'm fairly inexperienced at this so if you guys could confirm fertile/infertile I'd appreciate it.

The pic should be attached,

Thanks again!

Attachments

• DSCI0975.jpg
    DSCI0975.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 135
Awsome, thanks guys!

Thanks for the feedback. I was quite confident that they were fertile myself, but like I said, I still had the question "What if?" playing over and over in the back of my mind.

v/r

-Jamie

Back
Top Bottom