First Chameleon

Sorry, I mislead you. You should empty the water bowl every day. But when I said clean I meant actually like scrub it with soap and water every week to make sure bacteria doesn't form. A lot of people have success with different supplementation techniques but the most common one is the one that I use. It's recommended you do something like this: Calcium without D3 at EVERY feeding. Calcium with D3 every 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month, and Vitamin supplement every 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month. As far as removing her from the cage, I would give it at least a week and maybe even a month. All chameleons are different and some will never tolerate being handled. I think it would do more good than harm tho if you took him out for some natural sunlight. That's just my opinion though. So I guess I would wait a month. Ask more questions if you have them or re-ask any I missed. Always willing and happy to help! :D

No problem I will continue to empty the water bowl daily as well and I will go pick up calcium suppliments today that don't have the D3 in it for every other day use :) ... I keep reading how much they love the natural sun and good to take them out, I will look more into this before I do :) It would be at least a couple months before I would take him outdoors. May and June are still to cool for him I believe :) Thanks again for all your help I very much appreciate it. :)

No problem I will continue to empty the water bowl daily as well and I will go pick up calcium suppliments today that don't have the D3 in it for every other day use :) ... I keep reading how much they love the natural sun and good to take them out, I will look more into this before I do :) It would be at least a couple months before I would take him outdoors. May and June are still to cool for him I believe :) Thanks again for all your help I very much appreciate it. :)

No problem! Good luck with your new friend! I'm sure he'll be happy with you.

Back
Top Bottom