First Cham, is this normal?

Hi all,

Some may know me from my first thread about my Cham not eating.

Could you tell me if this is a normal Shed please?

1A49A32E-010B-4E07-A070-D25E2ED3E4FD.jpeg

its hard ot say without more info. first thing my guy sheds in less than a day. usually a few hours. so "is this normal", i would have to ask how long has he been this way. also, i didnt see the hunger post but they dont eat much when they are shedding. sometimes a few days before and after. i will say if they are healthy and are getting the proper vitamins and supplements they shed very quickly. hope that helps

I’d say it looks typical, the only thing that catches my eye are the white bumps, I’m sure others will chime in.

as long as he hasn't been like that for a week you're good. As they get older they tend to take a bit longer to shed.

I’d say it looks typical, the only thing that catches my eye are the white bumps, I’m sure others will chime in.

Those could be little bits of shed coming unstuck. If there are still white "bumps" when the chameleon is done shedding then that would be concerning.

Thank you everyone, she is 1 year old, I only got her a week ago and she hasn’t eaten since then, I’m putting this down to new environment, new keeper and now shedding. She started to shed a tiny bit on her veil last night, woke up this morning and she was like this. So all in all if it’s over when I wake up tomorrow and then she starts eating she should be all good.

I can confirm those white spots are shed. I was a fair distance from her for my photo as she runs off when I go near.

Thank you everyone

Thank you everyone, she is 1 year old, I only got her a week ago and she hasn’t eaten since then, I’m putting this down to new environment, new keeper and now shedding. She started to shed a tiny bit on her veil last night, woke up this morning and she was like this. So all in all if it’s over when I wake up tomorrow and then she starts eating she should be all good.

I can confirm those white spots are shed. I was a fair distance from her for my photo as she runs off when I go near.

Thank you everyone

A 1-year old cham will typically take 3-4 days to totally finish shedding with the feet and tail being the last to finish.

Back
Top Bottom