First actual problem that concerns me. Please help.

Kalistina

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Furcifer Pardalis, male, 5 months on Friday. I have had him for 2 months.
Handling - Once a day. He's usually waiting for me to take him out, he prefers to be hand fed and usually uses the bathroom when he's being held.
Feeding - He eats crickets and dubias as his normal diet. Anywhere from 15-30 pinhead crickets at a time OR 13-20 small baby dubias. He eats around 12 noon. I gutload the crickets and roaches myself. Wet gets changed daily and they get the pulp from my juicer. I juice both fruits and vegetables. Dry gutload is a recipe I got through the forum here. There is a lot of stuff that goes into it. I changed that every other day.
Supplements - Calcium WITHOUT D3 daily, Calcium with D3 1st and 3rd Monday, Vitamin supplement (multi vitamin) 2nd and 4th Monday.
Watering - AquaZamp mister. Set every 1 1/2 hours alternating 1 minute and 2 minute increments. He drinks really funny, by shooting his tongue at water droplets that fall off the leaves. Very rarely do I see him drinking off the leaf themselves. This has been a bit of a concern for me, but I figured he was doing it when I wasn't looking because his urate has not been a concern.
Fecal Description - Usually his poop is light/dark brown with the urate being white. He goes daily, I have not had him tested for parasites yet.
History - Healthy baby from two healthy parents. No trauma, no abuse. Cared for very well before I got him.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Reptibreeze Medium (I have a larger viv that I building for him and he will be ready to go in, in about a month. The new viv is larger than the Reptibreeze XL.
Lighting - (Sorry I am not good with specifics) I think the 5.0 UVB Zoo Med light, no plastic covering light. 37 watt heat light.
Temperature - 80-85 degrees in the whole viv, basking spot is closer to 90-93. I have 2 separate ways to check the temp and humidity. One is a stationary thermometer/humidity thingie, the other is one you hold manually and press a button. At night time it normally doesn't go below 73 degrees. It's generally hot this time of year here.
Humidity - Humidity ranges from 58% to 68% on average. It gets higher when the mister is on obviously.
Plants - Pothos and Umbrella tree.
Placement - The viv is in my room. LOW TRAFFIC as we are usually in the living room or in the den. Not near any vents, and there is a ceiling fan. The viv is placed on top of a shelving unit that holds it 3 feet off the floor.
Location - California

Current Problem - His urate is very runny, mucus-like even. Yesterday he was acting funny and he didn't want to move around a lot. He pooped (it was normal yesterday) and then ate 27 pinhead crickets. Today he has moved around a lot more, but he had a very disturbing bathroom production. He doesn't seem to want much food today. So far only 2 dubias. I had to get my computer to type this all out, but I have the picture on my phone. Please see next photo for picture. Please note that the watery substance around it came from this urate. It was also pretty smelly, almost strong like cat spray.

Is it a parasite? Please help me and Camo!!

The urate is not as orange as it looks. I tried to fix the camera but it only got worse. It is orange, just not as dark/bright.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379027175215.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379027175215.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 64
  • uploadfromtaptalk1379027191398.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379027191398.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 56
Did you feed any silkies or hornworms lately? I think the chameleons poop is sometimes runny because of hydration or something along the lines of that. If this has happened on numerous occasions then I would be worried, but if this is the first time then just take it easy and see if it happens again.

I actually have gave him a few wax worms the other day because he wasn't eating his normal food and his urate was slightly tinted yellow. I know that worms help hydrate, so I was trying to help. :-( I gave him the runs.

Back
Top Bottom