Finished my latest build!

SliK JiM

Firstly, I must apologise for anybody who see this and wants it, as its mine and you can't have it! :p

Anyway, as many of you will know, I've been making my latest (and greatest) enclosure for my panther chameleon Nero and I am proud to announce it is finally finish (building it in place took 6 hours!)

So, without further delay, here are the all important pictures (apologies that they aren't amazing, but I can't get far enough away for it to get it all in!)

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

As awlays I welcome all questions, feedback and comments! I will eventually be releasing a guide for this build as I have taken copius amounts of pictures during the process, so if you have anything you want to see just ask!

Enjoy, and apologies again!

Wow that is amazing, great job! I want it...but as you said :D But great job again, not many people have the patients for that

Nero is one lucky chameleon. Excellent job on the enclosure. The only problem you are going to have now is a chameleon that will never want to leave his
cage :D

That is a kick a$$ enclosure!!! And I love the trees you built. You panther is one lucky guy :)

what did you end up with for material costs? Im looking to build a huge double enclosure soon with a partition in the middle. Cant wait to get it started.

what did you end up with for material costs? Im looking to build a huge double enclosure soon with a partition in the middle. Cant wait to get it started.

I haven't tot'd it up properly yet, but something in the region of:

Wood (frame): £30
Wood (base): £40
Mesh: £50
Varnish: £10
Screws/hings/latches/handles: £15
Compost: £10
Plants: £15 (only because I had some lying around)
Lighting: £30
Other: £20 (general stuff)

TOTAL: £220 which is around $350

Given the enclosure is 2.5' x 4' x 7', I can't really complain!

may i ask what the two grey pvc pipes are used for going into the soil?

Those pipes are to drain water from the bottom of the base if there is too much water. The compost sits on a layer of hydroton (clay balls) that should allow all of the water to pass throguh the compost so it doesn't become water logged. I have an old misting pump (that is slightly rusted internally {hence no longer used for misting}) to draw out the water if I need to. Having said that, I never needed to drain the last enclosure as there was never enough water in it.

Everyone else, thank you for all the nice comments! It made it all worth while yesterday when I saw Nero climbing up one of the trees and really having to stretch himself to reach for a higher branch! That is exactly why I made it!

This is just SICK!!! Fantastic job, sir! You should be proud and your cham should be thrilled!! :)

Fantastic enclosure, it's even bigger than my Rintys :D (and I have the worlds only matching pair of Mahogany Wardrariums). Great job, Nero will be very happy there :)

Thanks both!

Wardrarium is a quality word! If my gf gets a walk-in wardrobe, I will get myself a walk-in wardrarium!

Thanks both!

Wardrarium is a quality word! If my gf gets a walk-in wardrobe, I will get myself a walk-in wardrarium!

Haha, have you heard of 'The Deep' in Hull?- http://www.thedeep.co.uk/ It makes me laugh because on all their promo stuff they call it 'THE WORLD'S ONLY SUBMARIUM!' (the simple reason is that it's an aquarium really, they made up the word so it could be the world's only)

Haha, have you heard of 'The Deep' in Hull?- http://www.thedeep.co.uk/ It makes me laugh because on all their promo stuff they call it 'THE WORLD'S ONLY SUBMARIUM!' (the simple reason is that it's an aquarium really, they made up the word so it could be the world's only)

I have not, but that is hilarious! I don't even know what they're implying with that name! :p I'm just going to start making up my own words at that rate!

Back
Top Bottom