Finished enclosure(I think)

Leaving those cage bottoms bare is the best option. You can take them out every once in awhile and bleach them-very easy. Wet paper towels will stick and then you have to scrape them off, reptile carpet gets moldy and smells. I think all new chameleon owners have no idea how much water they will need to use.

Leaving those cage bottoms bare is the best option. You can take them out every once in awhile and bleach them-very easy. Wet paper towels will stick and then you have to scrape them off, reptile carpet gets moldy and smells. I think all new chameleon owners have no idea how much water they will need to use.

Thanks for that, I'll take the paper towels out. Tell me about the water!!
I think with my mister 4x a day then hand misting x 2 per day will be enough, but I guess I'll see. Humidity and temps are good and staying where they should be :D

Thanks for that, I'll take the paper towels out. Tell me about the water!!
I think with my mister 4x a day then hand misting x 2 per day will be enough, but I guess I'll see. Humidity and temps are good and staying where they should be :D
if the lights go out at 8pm the last spray should be 2 hours before that so the viv is dry for sleeping in

i use reptile carpet and i have not had a problem with it , because a chameleon is going to be up in the trees not on the ground !

I use aquarium backgrounds in the bottoms of my cages with holes in them for drainage. Reptile carpet would constantly be wet and would get moldy so quickly unless you switch it out every other day (I've used it in the past). The aquarium backgrounds are so easy to clean and if they start to wear out, just switch it out for a new one. If you get ones with rocks and/or plants, they look pretty natural :D

Back
Top Bottom