Finally...

Bob 1000

I've been waiting for one of the trusty controllers I've used in my other hobby Reefkeeping, to come out with a unit for my other hobbies(cham keeping) and I think it might be here.. I'd like to eventually breed my cham when I feel I have enough knowledge on them. I'd like to run my cham enclosure like my reef was run, with constant, steady, rock solid parameters and alarm capabilities that will let me know when I'm away from home that something isn't right..
What do you guys think?? digitalaquatics.com/herpetology/systems I also think the price is right..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that looks killer, wonder if I can get my husband to spring for one for me? Let me know how it works for you if you get one.

I will definitely be purchasing on of these, I just have a few questions I waiting to here back on.. I will most certainly be reporting back to you guys here as I'm stil ne wto this hobby and feel I'm learning fast but aleways can learn more..

Great stay in touch, that looks like a good addition to what I have,an alarm would give me some security. If I miss your thread please pm me.

I will Laurie, looks like I'll be ordering it next week..

No other opinions on this controller people??

Wow it sounds awesome! If I didn't need to spend a couple hundred bucks on several other cham things I would probably look into one. Very cool. Show us how it works and everything when you get it working, please!

It works by using probes to tell the head unit(computer) to turn different things on at specified times or when certain levels are low or too high..

I'm lovin my new herpkeeper.. I've had it set up for about a week now, and it's a great addition to my set up.. I just need to figure out how to modify my repti fogger to hold more water.. Pics up soon..

After seeing your post the beginning of the month I ran out and bought one. They are awesome and so easy to use. All the reviews on them made them seem difficult, but I have to say that those people probably don't know how to use a computer for anything other than email. I have had mine running for 3 weeks now. I do have a question for you. Have you found if the temp/humidity probe, I think AP1, is waterproof, and where did you mount yours. As of now mine sits on top of the cage towards the back near Jack Jack's basking spot

I'm lovin my new herpkeeper.. I've had it set up for about a week now, and it's a great addition to my set up.. I just need to figure out how to modify my repti fogger to hold more water.. Pics up soon..

looks cool, I've been thinking of getting something like this. why don't you ditch the repi fogger and go with full size humidifier? I know some people on the forums use cool mist ones.

After seeing your post the beginning of the month I ran out and bought one. They are awesome and so easy to use. All the reviews on them made them seem difficult, but I have to say that those people probably don't know how to use a computer for anything other than email. I have had mine running for 3 weeks now. I do have a question for you. Have you found if the temp/humidity probe, I think AP1, is waterproof, and where did you mount yours. As of now mine sits on top of the cage towards the back near Jack Jack's basking spot

Mines is mounted middle top on the back screen.. I also run a fogger that is about 12" away from it blowing across the probe.. It's not waterproof so I'll be pushing it to see how long it last in that spot..

looks cool, I've been thinking of getting something like this. why don't you ditch the repi fogger and go with full size humidifier? I know some people on the forums use cool mist ones.

Actually just ordered another one.. humidi fier cost more to do what the fogger does.. They also don't seem to work as good as the fogger to me... the only problem is the amount of water the fogger holds is not as much as I'd like.

One of our sponsors offers something similar.
EcoZone Vivarium

I looked into this product a while back and thought I'd hold off to see if it works well enough for that price.. I've been dealing with Digital Aquatics for almost 10 years and feel more comfortable with a controller that has been around, tried and tested..

Actually just ordered another one.. humidi fier cost more to do what the fogger does.. They also don't seem to work as good as the fogger to me... the only problem is the amount of water the fogger holds is not as much as I'd like.

I have the zoomed fogger; not sure which you have. I replaced the bottle it comes with for a 2 liter pepsi bottle. Now I don't have to refill as often.

Thanks, I thought about that as well drilling a hole to keep the original bottle filled by a 5g bucket with 1/4" tubing..
How long have you been running the fogger with the 2l bottle, any problems???

Back
Top Bottom