Finally, my first chameleon!!

Awwwww he is such a cutie! How is the feeder cup working now?
It's working much better. He is definitely eating more. Still not as much as I'm told he should be eating, but it's more every day. I dont feel like he looks under fed, and he always has food available to him, so I think he is doing ok? I just sat in front of his enclosure for the last 30 minutes while he wandered around the more central part of his enclosure, where the most leaf cover and vines are. He did so much acrobatics that I feel like he was playing! It was way too cute

20190510_171541.jpg

One more of him exploring his pothos! I really need to charge up my DSLR for this guy

Updated picture of Pesto! He has been in my care for 3 weeks now. Every day he finds a new place to hide from me, it seems. I found him today cradled in a freshly opened pothos leaf like a little baby happy as can be. Of course, he ran away as soon as I took out my camera :rolleyes: I am expecting a shed from him soon, hoping I dont miss it! I love this little guy so much, it seems like he has been in my care for way more than 3 short weeks! View attachment 231846View attachment 231847
I was just wondering about him. Happy he’s fine

Awwh, thank you for thinking of him! I am at all times an overly concerned hover-mom. My boyfriend is seriously reconsidering having actual children with me :LOL: but it always ensures that Pesto has the best possible care!
That’s good. When Larry was sick from coccidia I actually cried on the phone with my husband worrying about him

That’s good. When Larry was sick from coccidia I actually cried on the phone with my husband worrying about him
I cant imagine something happening to Pesto. The first week or so that I had him I honestly wasnt sleeping because I was constantly stressed out that something was going to happen to him.

Updated picture of Pesto! He has been in my care for 3 weeks now. Every day he finds a new place to hide from me, it seems. I found him today cradled in a freshly opened pothos leaf like a little baby happy as can be. Of course, he ran away as soon as I took out my camera :rolleyes: I am expecting a shed from him soon, hoping I dont miss it! I love this little guy so much, it seems like he has been in my care for way more than 3 short weeks! View attachment 231846View attachment 231847
He looks good. I'd say you can expect a shed any day now. He's looking very pale compared to when you got him home. Which is a sign of contentment (not stressed) and also that a shed can be inbound.

He looks good. I'd say you can expect a shed any day now. He's looking very pale compared to when you got him home. Which is a sign of contentment (not stressed) and also that a shed can be inbound.
Yeah, the top of his head and the base of his tail are very pale and ashy so I am hoping very soon! I heard it just comes and goes out of nowhere so I really hope I dont miss it. And I'm glad you think he looks good! Makes me feel better knowing someone with a trained eye thinks things are looking good!

OMG he is soooo tiny you can really get an idea of his size with the pothos vine. Too stinking cute. I think it is normal to worry. I freak about every new thing he does.
He really is a little guy. I look at him compared to @CamoChameleonsHuman new baby Tye who is HUGE and I do sometimes wonder if I'm doing something wrong because he is just so small lol.
20190510_174324.jpg

Another picture for size reference!

He really is a little guy. I look at him compared to @CamoChameleonsHuman new baby Tye who is HUGE and I do sometimes wonder if I'm doing something wrong because he is just so small lol. View attachment 231856
Another picture for size reference!
My guy was born end of November though. Yours sometime in January. So he's got a few months on yours. Different sires, different locale, different feeders. I mean even you saw the size difference between your guys clutch. I think some of that had to do with grouped housing too. The less dominant chameleons end up suffering in such cases do to lack of nourishment.

My guy was born end of November though. Yours sometime in January. So he's got a few months on yours. Different sires, different locale, different feeders. I mean even you saw the size difference between your guys clutch. I think some of that had to do with grouped housing too. The less dominant chameleons end up suffering in such cases do to lack of nourishment.
I know I know, always the voice of reason, arent you? :LOL: just let my anxiety brain do its thing ok?!

Back
Top Bottom