FINALLY got my very first cham!!!

Jupiter

After weeks of waiting for the weather to clear up I finally got my guy shipped to me! I'm so happy! He's pretty dark which is to be expected, but he's stopped puffing up already so thats a good sign. My mister goes off in about an hour, I'll probably try offering food after that. Check him out!!

IMG_0796.jpg

Right out of the cup

IMG_0799.jpg

Where the hell am I?!

Thanks!! That's definitely the plan :) He's already lightened back up considerably and is exploring, so I think he's relatively outgoing, we'll just have to see.

Thanks! I know, it definitely made me happy. I moved the UVB over to where he was hanging out (I think I'm going to need a bigger one) and he immediately started to show blue, especially on his cheeks. These are iphone pics so they aren't the best but you can kind of see it.
IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

gorgeous little guy! This makes me so excited for my nosy boy to arrive on Friday :) keep posting pics ;) Was it easy to convince him to eat from the cup?

Yeah It was super easy, he was kind of hanging upside down so I just held it under him and he lowered himself so he was dangling by his tail and did the splits with his back legs and POP cham:1 phoenix worm: 0 haha.

It's and 18 inch tube. His enclosure is a two foot cube so I think I need more. It was the only piece of equipment I didn't get myself, I got it as a gift.

Thanks he is pretty small :) I posted some much better pics in the photo section if you're interested

It's and 18 inch tube. His enclosure is a two foot cube so I think I need more. It was the only piece of equipment I didn't get myself, I got it as a gift.

18'' should be fine, that's what I have. If some people can get away with a compact bulb I'm sure an 18'' tube is fine.

Congrats on your new Cham. It would be nice to have the 24 inch UV bulb and then you could use it on his big boy cage down the road.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking jann, although it is nice to know that this will be fine for now :) His cage is actually your standard 2x2x4 but with a two foot platform until gets a little bigger. Plus, from what I understand you can't really have too much uvb

Excellent news! He went over to the side of the cage while the door was open, so I put my hand out and he slowwwwly crawled on to me!
IMG_0819.jpg

He slipped a little bit and flared up. It's weird, he was much much bluer when he was in the cage.
IMG_0813.jpg

Thanks! Thats my goal haha pampered all the way

Oh wow that was fast! Great pics, thanks for sharin.

Right?! I haven't even had him for 12 hours yet!I'm so happy he seems to be outgoing, I was all prepared for him to be black and quaking in the corner for a week.Thanks for the compliment, I'll definitely keep em coming!:D

Back
Top Bottom