ficus benjamina???

well i finally made a cage and I put a ficus benjamina in it so far so good he seems to love it...i washed ther whole thing with soap and water, and re potted it with top soil so far so good, if anyone knows about up keep on these plants plz help ...thx jeff

i dont really do any extra maintenence on my plant, i just heavily spray the soil every once in a while and i'ts been doing well since i got it

Ficus benjamina
Water as soon as the top inch or two of the soil becomes dry. Make sure water drains from the pot properly. This plant is sensitive to light changes, and any serious movement of the plant will cause a lot of leave loss. The leaves will come back more adapted to the changes. You can prune the plant easily to decrease height.

Brad said:
Ficus benjamina
Water as soon as the top inch or two of the soil becomes dry. Make sure water drains from the pot properly. This plant is sensitive to light changes, and any serious movement of the plant will cause a lot of leave loss. The leaves will come back more adapted to the changes. You can prune the plant easily to decrease height.
The leaves rarley fall anymore for me.

I always put an inch or two of small stones or broken clay pots in the bottom before soil to help with drainage and reduce root rot.

Southernmost said:
I always put an inch or two of small stones or broken clay pots in the bottom before soil to help with drainage and reduce root rot.
I agree. This makes a huge difference for the tall leafy plants like ficus and hibiscus.

Also, I don't recommend using soil with perlite/vermiculite in it- just as an extra safety precaution- although Im not sure how often Jaxsons chameleons dig- or why.

Back
Top Bottom